Marketing Manager, 24 hours per week, FTC
Part-time Marketing Manager – 1 year maternity cover
Red Whale is looking for a new member of the marketing team to join our pod for a 1-year maternity cover. We are a fun bunch who love nothing more than to improve the lives of primary care practitioners and their patients – one update at a time.
We love GPs and their teams, they work tirelessly to help their patients, and we aim to give them the best possible experience at every touchpoint.
If you are a marketing professional who can stand on their own two feet, if you don’t mind budging up to make room for a colleague on busy days, if you are dynamic with a sense of humour to boot, then read on.
We are looking for a Marketing Manager who can help us by creating compelling marketing messages about our new and existing courses.
We offer part-time hours (24 per week - ideally over 4 days), flexible working arrangements and a salary up to £30,000 (FTE). We have snazzy offices on the University Campus Reading (with onsite coffee shop!) but you will not be required in the office every day.
What you should be like
- As some of the work will be done remotely, we need you to be a self-starter, able to work independently, take the initiative and manage your own priorities. If you can do that and maintain effective lines of communication with your manager, direct report and colleagues you will be trusted to “get on with it”.
- You will take responsibility for a small team of two further members.
- We need you to have strong written communication skills as there is a lot of writing to be done. Even better if you have experience of this in the context of digital content systems and platforms.
- Needless to say, you need to be confident in using IT (MS Office essential; Skype, experience with CMS/eNewsletter platforms desirable)
- It would really help if you had a genuine interest in healthcare and evidence-based medicine but don’t worry if you don’t, as we will drum it into you!
- You MUST have a sense of humour (yes, seriously!) and laugh at the boss’s jokes, without fail!
- Finally, we are a small team, we are not precious about lending a hand, whether it’s stamping letters, making tea or using our expertise to help a colleague in need. You must be comfortable with this.
What will you be doing
- You will be responsible and accountable for achieving the targets for our open courses by:
- Developing and implementing tactical and long-term marketing activities to reach sales targets
- Creating and editing marketing copy for online, digital and print use
- Overseeing our digital communication content strategy: Social media channels, eNewsletters and website
- Monitoring and analysing results
- Suggesting and implementing improvements
- As we are all part time working there will be requirement for covering some of your colleagues work at times and your responsibilities might change to reflect the flexible and growing nature of the business.
Still want to join us?
If we haven’t put you off, here’s what to do next:
Then apply by sending your CV and covering letter via the application method below.
We’d love to hear from you