Pipeline Analytics Manager (Non-Oncology) (Open to flexible working)
GSK is evolving its portfolio analytics capabilities. With the recently announced R&D approach, there will be an increased emphasis on:
- Developing data-driven portfolio insights using internal and external lenses
- Creating an objective perspective on GSK's portfolio versus competitors
- Driving challenging conversations in an open and constructive manner
- Utilizing cutting-edge data trends/technology capabilities and applying to portfolio decision making
- Driving organizational learning from decision making
The Pipeline Analytics Manager will Develop (and, where appropriate, co-develop) analyses and quantitative insights to help GSK make informed investment decisions for R&D pipeline assets and inform strategic portfolio decisions. This insight will incorporate both internal and external lenses. They will also be responsible for timely and accurate reporting of information relating to the progression of the pipeline, including key milestones and data read-outs. They will deliver these insights to stakeholder organizations within GSK, including: other members of the R&D strategy and portfolio team, R&D functional leadership (e.g., project teams, research area leaders, and platform leaders), senior R&D leaders, and other functions integral to portfolio management (e.g., finance, franchises, Tech, and Data CoE). Lastly they will identify and act upon opportunities to improve analytical capabilities to satisfy unmet needs of internal stakeholder groups
- Develop and implement guidelines for project/portfolio data generation and reporting, ensuring guidelines are fit-for-purpose and enable apples-to-apples comparisons across the portfolio. Provide neutral portfolio context for key asset decisions within area of responsibility (e.g., a specific therapeutic area)
- Provide a consistent framework for portfolio assessment and evaluation to support R&D governance bodies and decision-making. Co-develop and track metrics assessing R&D performance
- Develop/co-develop analyses and quantitative insights to help GSK make informed investment decisions for R&D pipeline assets and inform strategic portfolio decisions. This insight will incorporate both internal and external lenses
- Provide timely and accurate pipeline reporting in the form of regular reports and ad hoc requests. Be responsible for timely and accurate reporting of information relating to the progression of the pipeline, including key milestones and data read-outs
- Provide context for project and portfolio prioritization and indication prioritization
- Deliver these insights to stakeholder organizations within GSK, including: other members of the R&D strategy and portfolio team, R&D functional leadership (e.g., project teams, research area leaders, and platform leaders), and other functions integral to portfolio management (e.g., finance, franchises)
- Identify and act upon opportunities to improve analytical capabilities to satisfy unmet needs of internal stakeholder groups, in collaboration with organizations such as Tech, and Data CoE. Deliver novel solutions where appropriate. Balance the requirement for near-term delivery with a longer-term view of building sustainable, effective analytical approaches
- Support strategic business planning, resource management, and operations for R&D research areas and project teams, including analytics capability development
- Deliver all the above in an environment that is dynamic and fast-paced.
- Bachelor's degree in science, medicine, engineering, business, finance, or economics
- 3-5 years' experience in R&D, commercial, business and/or corporate development/consulting (experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry a plus) with evidence of:
- Bias toward transparency and openness. Willingness to give and receive high-quality feedback frequently
- High change agility
- Bias toward action
- High degree of curiosity
- Taking smart risks and treating failures as learning opportunities
- Demonstrating energy, enthusiasm, commitment, and resilience.
- Ability to solve complex problems and be able to deal with ambiguity. Hypothesis-driven thinker who approaches work efficiently and methodically
- Brings credible quantitative analysis together with an in-depth knowledge of content (i.e., not just reporting "what's in the system")
- Recognizes the difference between data extraction/cleaning, descriptive data analysis, predictive data analysis, and prescriptive data analysis
- Ability to work with real-world complexity, including data/analysis and organization dynamics
- Effective verbal and written communication, with an emphasis on the ability to convey complex analytical findings in a clear, concise way.
- Advanced degree in: scientific discipline, engineering, economics, finance, or business
- 5+ years' experience in R&D, commercial, business and/or corporate development/consulting (experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry a plus).
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
We look forward to receiving your application !
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.