Trade Compliance Global Operations Director, open to flexibility
We are searching for a Operations Director who can make a positive difference to the Trade Compliance Services team and GSK as a whole and who can inspire others to the same. Come and join the team! Together we can serve our GSK colleagues to enable them to help patients and consumers around the globe to do more, feel better and live longer!
WHAT IS YOUR JOB PURPOSE?
GSK is legally obliged to comply with all frequently changing trade compliance rules and regulations globally to ensure continued supply of all products around the world.
Trade Compliance is GSK's response to ensure compliance with all customs and trade regulations globally and minimize risk associated with non-compliance e.g. fines, penalties, disruption to supply chain, reputational damage and potential imprisonment.
This role will be responsible for leading the trade compliance operations team and providing a timely and effective service globally across all business units to ensure that we don't do business with any restricted parties, don't use out of policy incoterms and are compliant with our value declarations to customs.
WHAT ARE YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES?
-Develop and deliver an annual strategic plan for service evolution, incorporating best practice and voice of the customer feedback to drive effectiveness over a 5-year time frame.
- Identify, define & deploy key projects and initiatives to address performance gaps and continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of service delivery
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of leading edge products in the trade compliance operations arena to improve compliance, service efficiency and service effectiveness.
- Manage a globally dispersed team (to operate in all time zones) and ensure services deliver to agreed SLAs - especially in transactional screening which will impact the ability to deliver shipments to customers if not resolved in a timely manner
- Ownership and maintenance of the R&D valuation tool and the Incoterms agreed out of policy lists
- Ownership and maintenance of a restricted party screening and embargo screening capability and technology for GSK
- Ensure changes to regulations either globally or locally are identified and embedded into the service delivery
- Identification and management of restricted parties and ensuring those controls are communicated to the respective areas of the business to manage the potential risk for GSK
- Proactive management of trade compliance operations related risks in accordance with GSK's strategic priorities.
- Manage the relationship and SLA with key internal and external customers
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE TEAM?
Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
Please ensure you apply before COB 26th Oct 2018 to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
• Degree holder
• Working knowledge of Incoterms, restricted party screening, embargo screening and valuation in a manufacturing and R&D environment
• Strong trade compliance knowledge
• Strong customer focus
• Demonstrated attention to detail
• Strong communication and people skills
• Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to extensively analyse data
• Strong strategic knowledge of GSK's direction
• Ability to work within a team
• Ability to lead a service and a team
WHO ARE WE?
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You will join GSK's vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Find out how you can do this .
WHO WILL I BE WORKING WITH?
Click here to meet your team.
HOW DO I DEVELOP MY CAREER?
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You will also have regular personal development meetings with your line manager to give you the opportunity to create a fulfilling career at GSK.
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED?
The Total Reward Package offered is:
• Competitive Salary
• Competitive on Target Bonus
• 26-days paid holiday
• Personal Healthcare, with the option to purchase family cover
• GSK Pension
• Share & Save Schemes
• Total Reward Discounts
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.