Corporate Governance Adviser - open to flexibility
Are you an experienced corporate governance adviser with a passion for healthcare? We have an exciting opportunity with our Corporate Secretariat team to help ensure the GSK's compliance with corporate governance requirements and best practice.
In this role you will:
• Manage corporate governance disclosures;
• Proactively support the Company Secretary in managing the annual governance agenda;
• Review consultations on corporate governance and company law as required and assist in lobbying for change to improve the outcome for GSK;
• Contribute to Company Secretary, CEO and Chairman communications with GSK shareholders and other stakeholder bodies;
• Provide technical support and AGM briefing materials for Board Committee Chairs;
• Proactively network internally and externally with peers to maintain effective understanding of developing corporate reporting trends and developments in corporate governance to the benefit of GSK; and
• Develop/maintain effective working relationships with colleagues.
The job holder will be required to work with:
• GSK employees of all levels up to the GSK's Corporate Executive Team;
• Private shareholders;
• Institutional shareholders;
• GSK's Board members;
• External auditors; and
• Other external bodies,
so should be able to act co-operatively and with great tact in resolving simple issues quickly or to negotiate and resolve or design an acceptable solution to complex issues on a timely basis. The job holder will require skilled matrix management to ensure that they are able to fulfil the responsibilities of the role to the optimum.
The role is diverse and will require the job holder to work across national/country, racial/ethnic and socio-economic diversity to solve various business issues effectively without having direct line management responsibility for the individuals.
What Do We Offer?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
• Play a key role in delivering our mission and strategy; and
• Be an essential part of diverse, global team.
You'll also receive a competitive salary package including on target bonus, shares, private medical insurance, Company Pension Plan, 26 days annual holiday, the option of private healthcare, a share purchase scheme and a personalised career development pathway.
Interested in Joining the Team?
Closing date for applications: 26th October 2018.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
• Technical or numerical degree educated and/or relevant qualifications/experience;
• High degree of initiative, self-direction and pro-activity;
• Passion for problem-solving and ability to employ a variety of approaches;
• Flexible and adaptable to situation;
• Strong interpersonal skills and expert written and presentation skills;
• Knowledge and understanding of the operation of a global organisation;
• Proven project and time management skills;
• Strong influencing skills; and
• IT literate and keen to embrace the use of technology to bring workload and processing efficiencies.
ACIS or CGMA qualified with significant PQE gained in an in-house role. Strong knowledge of UK corporate governance rules and best market practice.
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.