Global Category Buyer, Travel & Expenses Procurement (Open to flexible working)
As part of our drive to create a strong employee experience we have a fantastic challenge available for you to transform what we do and how we buy within our Travel & Expenses procurement category.
It is a great opportunity to work in a new team to support the build of a long-term global strategy which will require close collaboration with various internal and external stakeholders. If you are an action-orientated change agent keen to develop your career within the specialist field of travel this is a great chance to develop a career with purpose at GSK.
Your Key Duties
- Support and in some instances lead the creation and execution of comprehensive global sourcing strategies for travel sub-categories with particular emphasis on data driven internal and external analysis
- Run structured competitive bidding events with travel & expenses suppliers including spot buys, RFQs, reverse auctions and RFPs
- Analyse results of competitive bidding events and make recommendations taking into account assurance of supply, quality, service, cost and innovation
- Negotiate, create, execute and manage effective contracts with suppliers (where required) that will allow GSK to manage risk and maximize opportunity globally
- Work with large and complex data sets to draw actionable insights to drive financial business benefits as well as making travel easier at GSK
- Support with the influencing of key stakeholders and business partners to support strategy development, endorse recommended strategies, support execution and agree how benefit delivery will be budgeted
- Ensure all procurement systems are kept up to date including savings performance, latest contracts, shared documents on team sites.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 25th October 2018
For internal GSK applicants please indicate in your application if you are at risk of redundancy.
- Degree qualified, ideally within appropriate subject
- High level of proficiency with MS office programs (e.g. Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong acumen of corporate business norms and requirements with a broad understanding of procurement activities along with the ability to adapt quickly to new topics and responsibilities
- Experience working in matrix environment
- Knowledge of the travel industry.
- Experience in airline sourcing
- Procurement related qualifications
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires
Who are Global Procurement at GSK?
We are a centralised and integrated organisation, delivering value to GSK through partnership with stakeholders and our supply base. Our team is comprised of 700+ colleagues in over 65 countries. Collectively we manage over £11B in spend across a substantial breadth of spend categories. We do this through an approach centered around Global Category Management and through embedded presence and engagement with our stakeholders in local country teams and manufacturing sites.
What role does Procurement play in delivering the GSK strategy?
Procurement at GSK continues to develop into an important strategic business partner with a high expectation to help create value for GSK not only through delivering savings to the business but from working with great suppliers who help deliver high quality goods and services to GSK impacting both our bottom line and top line growth.
What's the future for Global Procurement?
We will be an integrated organization with value added business partnering relationships, deep category expertise in the right places, and effective supplier relationship management practices. We are focused on streamlining business processes, efficiently managing a strong pipeline of value-adding projects, and delivering maximum value for GSK.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.