Occupational Health Nurse Specialist, full-time - open to flexibility
About the role
GSK currently has a rewarding opportunity for an Occupational Health (OH) Specialist to join our site in Irvine 3 days a week.
Working closely with the wider OH team and site management/key stakeholders, you will the assume the role of primary site contact with responsibility for providing consultative services to GSK employees and managers, focusing on the promotion, protection and sustained good health, with the goal of a safe and sustainable workforce.
This is a diverse role accountable for but not limited to:
• Working collaboratively with other members of the UK Occupational Health team, the wider Health & Wellbeing team and other key stakeholders (Health Centre of Excellence, EHS & HR) to deliver strategy and enhance performance of the function through innovation, performance & trust.
• Implementing and supporting projects that support the wider Health & Wellbeing/ EHS strategy within the UK. Be accountable and supportive of team working and demonstrate a collaborative approach to Health & Wellbeing/EHS projects.
• Acting as a consultant to the Business for Health and Wellbeing issues
• Support site EHS-OH audits to comply with requirements of Internal Control Framework. Review outcomes and action any agreed corrective and preventative actions (CAPAs).
• Seeking and responding to customer feedback, investigate complaints and contribute to the improvement of processes and service delivery in response to customer feedback.
• Generating clinical and performance metrics, demonstrating value of the function to the Business. Data analysis of health trends to identify and monitor work place hazards and improve employee performance and wellbeing.
• Leading and providing an effective case management service for managers and staff. Ownership and management of a clinical case load providing clear decisions and opinions regarding case outcomes, providing concise medical reports and summarizing recommendations in accordance with evidence based best practice and aligned to GSK people policies.
• Delivery and support of Business Travel Health, Health Surveillance programme and provide ergonomic support and advice to staff and managers.
• Solution focused approach to assessing and understanding the needs of customers.
To be considered for this role you will be a Registered Nurse and hold a post Graduate Occupational Health qualification with a proven experience in a similar role ideally with in a complex manufacturing environment.
It is imperative that you demonstrate an ability to drive common-objective thinking, with a complete focus on providing solutions. You will need to be persuasive, have a strong continuous improvement mindset, and have proven experience of dealing with diverse internal stakeholder/customer groups.
Applicants must demonstrate in their application how they meet the above criteria in order to be successful for interview selection.
CLOSING DATE for applications: 25th October 2018 (COB).
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391.This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. Our products are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. Employing over 100,000 people globally, we have 71 manufacturing sites around the world. For more information on GSK please refer to our website: www.gsk.com