Procurement Manager (Open to flexible working)
6 days left
- Contract Type
Following recent changes within GSK's Procurement Department we are currently seeking a Procurement Manager to work closely with our UK Pharma business to be the interface between the LOC stakeholders or Hubs (collection of countries) and the Global Procurement community to
- Ensure continuity of business
- Direct to the appropriate Regional Category Manager depending on the business requirement
- Support the business to understand the GSK Procurement policies and ensure that users are trained / supported accordingly.
In addition to this you will ensure the input and alignment with the creation of Hub and global sourcing strategies, representing the needs of local stakeholders and local markets dynamics, in partnership with regional category team and the Global category teams.
You will identify and deliver business benefits aligned to assurance of supply, quality, service, cost and innovation and delivering stakeholders and business partner requirements through execution of category strategies to drive operational efficiencies by ensuring Contract & Preferred Supplier list compliance as well as managing the Tail spend
- Align with appropriate Hub and Global category teams and work in collaboration with these teams to provide local business requirements and market information to support effective collaborative regional and global strategy creation and execution
- Execute global sourcing strategies for multiple spend categories in scope of responsibility, operating with a truly global mindset and ensuring all applicable LOC or regional dimensions are accommodated
- Have a clear understanding of how global strategies affect local markets and build an education & communication process for regional Procurement leads and business units
- Be the local expert in the spend categories within scope of responsibility.
- Ensure financial benefits are managed in accordance with the Spend Management Framework approach, ensuring business unit and Finance agreement to financial value delivered and transparency on treatment of benefits in the budgeting process
- Create and deliver effective budgets (Plans of Purchase) agreed with key stakeholders and Finance in accordance with the Spend Management Framework.
Business partnering & stakeholder management in GSK
- Build strategic relationships with local GSK stakeholders, to understand business requirements, identify opportunities to create value and to position Procurement's value proposition. Align sourcing strategies accordingly
- Influence key stakeholders and business partners to support strategy development, endorse recommended strategies, support execution and agree how benefit delivery will be budgeted.
External supplier relationships
- Execute and manage effective contracts with suppliers that will allow GSK to maximize opportunity globally. Ensure global views on supplier negotiations are taken
- Manage the local supply base for the categories within scope through a robust performance management process. Ensure supplier performance is understood and measured
- Ensure suitable processes and communication links exist between above country supplier organization structures and local & regional networks to ensure effective process and communication cascade through supplier and GSK network and geographies.
Supply chain & risk management
- Transform the supply chain to release value and make GSK more responsive to business and customer needs - for example in cost control, complexity reduction, simplification, best practice procurement and use of KPIs
- Identify and manage significant risks in the supply chain. Ensure appropriate mitigation plans are in place and in use and that the risks are communicated appropriately within business units impacted, Procurement and the supply base.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing date for applications: 25th October 2018
For internal GSK applicants please indicate in your application if you are at risk of redundancy.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
- Qualified to Degree level within Procurement and Supply Chain
- Strong track record of senior stakeholder management and influencing; ability to influence without express authority; ability to build strong relationships
- Experience managing suppliers (including performance management), developing new potential suppliers and partnering with supply base for mutual benefit
- Ability to articulate the business case for Supplier Diversity and translate it into action in discrete situations
- Very strong communication and presentation skills; ability to appropriately represent GSK externally
- Understanding of Procure-to-Pay and Spend Analysis systems; ability to dive into data and co-create, understand, and trouble-shoot reporting requirements
- Demonstrated skills in project management and budget management
- Financial acumen and demonstrated analytical skills.
- Further academic qualification, for example MBA, CIPS, MCIPS
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires
Who are Global Procurement at GSK?
We are a centralised and integrated organisation, delivering value to GSK through partnership with stakeholders and our supply base. Our team is comprised of 700+ colleagues in over 65 countries. Collectively we manage over £11B in spend across a substantial breadth of spend categories. We do this through an approach centered around Global Category Management and through embedded presence and engagement with our stakeholders in local country teams and manufacturing sites.
What role does Procurement play in delivering the GSK strategy?
Procurement at GSK continues to develop into an important strategic business partner with a high expectation to help create value for GSK not only through delivering savings to the business but from working with great suppliers who help deliver high quality goods and services to GSK impacting both our bottom line and top line growth.
What's the future for Global Procurement?
We will be an integrated organization with value added business partnering relationships, deep category expertise in the right places, and effective supplier relationship management practices. We are focused on streamlining business processes, efficiently managing a strong pipeline of value-adding projects, and delivering maximum value for GSK.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.