UX Analyst, full time - open to flexibility
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at GSK following recent organisation changes in GSK's Research and Development Technology division. This is an exciting time to join us. There is increased GSK interest in the Usability of its Tech solutions to support GSK "Making it Easier" and we are now looking to recruit a permanent UX specialist to support our team.
R&D Tech strive to ensure the products and services delivered to our R&D customers are intuitive, efficient, effective and satisfying to use. The R&D User Experience (UX) Team require a skilled UX Analyst to join our team of UX Practitioners and Business Analysts, to drive improvements to our application portfolio.
Key responsibilities include;
• Performing UX activities, such as persona and user journey creation, usability testing etc on behalf of product teams; proposing UI design improvements through wireframing, mock-ups and prototypes; writing up UX reports capturing findings from UX activities and heuristic evaluations.
• Helping Tech product areas achieve success as a UX specialist to product teams (these products may be R&D-specific or may be Enterprise-level applications) and helping manage the UX roadmap for these product areas, influencing product owners through proactive user knowledge and collaboration.
• Providing UX coaching and guidance to product teams, focusing on user research, user centred design and usability testing, amongst other UX activities; embedding and promoting user centred design and UX best practices across R&D Tech, through the user of social media, intranet, case studies, webinars, etc.
• Appling quantitative & qualitative measurement techniques, dashboards & tools to demonstrate improvements to KPI's and metrics and move the dial on UX excellence
• Engaging with other Tech groups, particularly Enterprise-level Tech, to understand upcoming changes that may impact R&D users, influencing these teams to focus on UX and publicising changes to R&D Tech and R&D users.
• Keeping up with trends in UI design and UX practices, including mobile, wearables and social media
Closing date for applications:23rd October 2018
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
Demonstrable experience in working in an IT product related industry, with experience in IT software design and delivery and business analysis, with proven ability in the UX space, particularly areas of interaction design, information architecture and visual design.
Masters qualification, portfolio of UX work.
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.