Private Client Services (Centre of Excellence), Tax Manager, Bristol / Cardiff (Flexible working)
We are looking for experienced tax professionals to join our growing PCS CoE team who work collaboratively with all our UK Deloitte offices to deliver high quality personal/trust tax compliance services to our clients.
You will need to have strong tax technical skills, a proven track record of dealing with private clients and a desire to embrace innovative ways of working as well as being able to work effectively under pressure. We currently have vacancies for a variety of tax compliance roles at both manager and assistant manager grades.
Deloitte PCS acts for a wide range of high net worth individuals, senior executives, entrepreneurs, large professional partnerships, trusts, estates, private equity and hedge fund principals.
As part of the role, you will have the opportunity to be involved in specialised tax technical work including, private equity and partnership tax computations, offshore fund reporting and personal tax planning, depending on your interests and experience.
You will be working with a team of highly skilled tax professionals based in Cardiff, Bristol, Cambridge and Hyderabad (India). The role will require you to build and manage relationships with engagement teams around the UK, develop junior team members, review personal/trust tax returns and deliver bespoke compliance services to our clients. You will have the opportunity to work on rotation at our office in Hyderabad (India) and to work directly with clients.
We foster a culture of continuous improvement so we will rely on you to drive best practice initiatives that will benefit our clients and to manage risk issues. You will have the opportunity to specialise and to advance both your tax technical and soft skills through our structured training and development plans.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing and building close working relationships with engagement teams and clients
- Reviewing tax returns, accounts, tax calculations, transmittal letters and other client deliverables with a focus on quality and high attention to detail
- Resolving queries in order to finalise tax filing positions
- Engaging and contributing to the firm’s compliance procedures in order to manage risk and to protect our client’s data
- Working as part of a wider team to complete required volumes of work;
- Managing your own workload to meet specific deadlines;
- Coaching and assisting junior team members with the opportunity to supervise our team in Hyderabad
- All other personal compliance related activities as required.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: We are looking for people to join us in our Bristol and Cardiff offices.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time / Permanent part-time / Permanent annualised days
Your professional experience
- Strong tax technical knowledge and keen to develop into a specialist role
- Ideally you will be CTA/ACA/ATT/ACCA/CA qualified with demonstrable tax experience
- Experience in reviewing a mixed portfolio of clients and proven track record of producing high quality client deliverables
- Exceptional tax compliance skills and understanding of the self-assessment tax return process and compliance cycle
- Flexible skills to embrace change and innovative solutions
- Strong team player who takes pride in their work and does not shy from responsibility
- Confident and effective communicator
- Evidence of developing junior team members and dealing with tax technical queries
- Strong attention to detail and ability to stay calm under pressure
- Methodical and organised working skills
- Proactive approach to work and completing work by required deadlines
- Ability to develop understanding and application of firm’s dedicated tax return preparation software
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
Your service line
Arguably the most stimulating career environment in our industry, tax at Deloitte is a far cry from tax at other firms. Here, it’s all about collaborating with colleagues at the top of their game, across disciplines, for clients who urge us to constantly push the boundaries of our creativity. You’ll find a diverse mix of people, all working together to deliver best-in-class advice. And you’ll discover a structured programme that will help you develop even greater expertise. From fascinating projects to a wealth of secondment opportunities, both in the UK and overseas, you can enjoy a broad and rich career experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
SLTAXC BABUTX WPFULL
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 148513