Tax Manager - Global Compliance & Reporting, open to flexibility
Global Compliance & Reporting (GCR) is one of our six tax service lines. Our GCR professionals help businesses meet demands for tax reporting, tax compliance and tax risk management. Many of our engagements are with clients going through wider tax transformation and operating model change programmes. Our GCR team work with a wide range of businesses to help them develop and implement effective, practical and sustainable approaches to managing tax compliance and reporting.
Your key responsibilities
- Managing a number of GCR contracts, some with client interface and some in a supervisory service delivery role.
- Proactively managing service delivery risk across those contracts, through the use of issue and risk logs and the implementation of escalation processes.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key contract stakeholders (internal and external) across multiple jurisdictions, and ensuring effective and timely communication.
- Manage contract governance including adherence to agreed process and procedures
- Manage contract reporting against service level agreements (SLAs) and key performance indicators (KPIs) ensuring timely resolution of issues
- Provide guidance and support to peers, colleagues and clients on contractual issues, and oversee local fee and scope negotiations
- Setting clear objectives and expectations for junior team members including day-to-day responsibility for the management of offshore team members.
- Reviewing budgets and resourcing requirements on a regular basis and supporting the Global Engagement Leader in meeting the margin goals for the accounts.
- Billing UK fees according to agreed contract billing schedule.
Quality and Risk Management:
- Supporting the Global Engagement leader on Quality & Risk Management (QRM) matters, overseeing implementation and adherence to agreed processes, procedures and timetables.
- Liaising with Global and Tax QRM and legal teams in the resolution of client service management issues.
- Maintaining the specified contractual framework and supporting agreements for all engagements.
Detailed scoping and process assessments:
- Supporting a client understand full suite of compliance filings currently undertaken in countries
- Review and suggesting improvements to compliance and reporting processes considering data sources, hand-off points and controls
Business development and proposal assistance:
- Working with the Global Engagement Leader to support pursuit and proposal activities, in response to client RFPs. This includes running global pricing exercises and being a part of EY’s presentation team at client pitches.
- Support development of client business case for change
- Identify opportunities for additional EY services and or extensions to EY outsourcing services for existing EY clients.
- Sharing successful tools, techniques and approaches with other GCR team members;
- Project managing small GCR development projects.
Skill and attributes for success:
- Strong client relationship management skills with ability to develop quality outputs to clients
- Negotiation skills, able to sustain opinion and handle challenges
- Process design skills
- Business development skills, able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work
- Effective time management, ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Experience of coaching and developing more junior staff
- Ensure delivery of quality work and take day to day leadership of delivery team
- Change orientated with flexible approach
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Significant experience in Corporate Tax from a large accountancy or in-house team
- Degree qualified
- ACA / CA / Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training course / Tax specialist qualification / or breadth of knowledge equivalent to a Tax specialist qualification
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
What we look for:
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- Highly experienced tax practitioner with reviewing skills and expertise in functional area
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible by clicking the apply button below