Senior Corporate Tax Advisor - Open to flexible working
Our Corporate Tax professionals help businesses meet complex demands for UK tax reporting, compliance, planning, strategy and controversy. By integrating deep technical and industry knowledge with established methodologies, they work with a wide range of businesses and corporates to help them develop and implement effective, practical and sustainable tax strategies.
Working in the middle markets tax space you will help your portfolio of clients through the challenges of planning, financial accounting, tax compliance and maintaining effective relationships with the tax authorities. They work with organisations and individuals to structure transactions and operations in a tax-effective manner. This includes helping clients to mitigate tax risk, comply effectively with tax laws and take into account the prospect of change.
Your key responsibilities:
- To contribute to the efficient and successful delivery of tax services to the client
- Maintain tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
- Grow relationships both within the firm and externally with clients, identifying opportunities and expectations
- Contribute to winning new work by proactively focusing on existing clients and contribute to winning new clients.
- Focus on the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business approach taken
- Responsible for day-to-day client liaison
- Coach and develop our teams
- Provide full tax services to a client portfolio
Skills and attributes for success:
- Strong technical skills and keen to develop further
- Ability to grow strong client relationships
- Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and know when to refer upwards
- Client focused and commercially aware
- Ability to grow effective relationships at all levels
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
- Ability to coach and develop more junior members of the team
- Experience of advising on both compliance and advisory work, experience of issues including CFCs, loss relief, reorganisations, patent box, BEPs and international tax issues
- Up to date knowledge of changes in the tax environment (BEPS, CBCR etc)
To qualify for the role you must have:
- ACA/CA/ACCA/CTA; or Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training Course; or Law qualification
- Experienced corporate tax practitioner
- Experience in tax accounting/tax audit
- Proven ability to read and interpret existing and new tax statute
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Project management skills, plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
What we look for:
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Outgoing with good relationship skills and deliver quality output
What we look for:
• Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
• Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
• Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
• Change orientated with flexible approach
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements and this is reflected in the culture of this office where a number of the team are on flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible by clicking the apply button below.