Finance Assistant/Credit Controller, part time - 21 hours per week
The Minster Centre is a charity that provides training in counselling and psychotherapy and a psychotherapy and counselling service.
The Finance Department at The Minster Centre consists of a part –time Finance Manager and the Finance Assistant. This post is primarily responsible for invoicing and credit control but also works with the finance manager and other staff to carry out any tasks required to ensure the smooth running of The Minster Centre finances.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Bank reconciliation
Applying student payments to corresponding Sage customer accounts
- Recovering course fees
Contacting students regularly to ensure payment terms are adhered to. Take payments if necessary. Negotiate alternative payment plans.
- Raise invoices on Sage/Line 50 for course fees and room hire
Raise invoices at the beginning of the academic year for relevant courses. Raise monthly room hire invoices.
- Counting and logging other income weekly
- Calculate and design payment agreement forms annually
- Create debtors reports for directors quarterly board meetings
- Attend open days and in-house events to provide information on student finance
- Assist students with career development and student loan applications
- Assist with other ad-hoc special projects and assignments as required
- Excellent communication skills and good command of written and spoken English
- Used to dealing with high levels of transactional data in both volume & value and reconciling balances
- Ability to take into account each student’s individual circumstances with empathy and understanding whilst discussing and recovering debt
- Excel competent at basic level, and able to use Microsoft Office, Outlook
- Good problem solving and organisational skills, with ability to prioritise work, manage multiple demands and maintain accurate records
- IT and administration skills
- Flexibility & ‘can-do’ attitude, ability to plan ahead and take initiative when required
- Experience of working co-operatively as part of a team
- Willing to learn and develop skills & understanding within the capacity of the role.
- Experience using Sage Accounts/Line 50 (not essential – training given)
- Ability to recognise and implement improved procedures
- Ideally someone who has worked in a training organisation.
To apply for this position please send your CV and a cover letter addressing how you meet the person specification via the application method below.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY APPLICATIONS WITH A COVER LETTER WILL BE CONSIDERED.