Tax Senior Manager Private Client Services - Full time or Part time working considered
EY Reading is brilliantly positioned to provide the ingredients of a stimulating, rewarding career. If the combination of working with an exciting global firm whilst living near to rolling English countryside is an enticing one, then you can make a home here. It is a great time to join our Private Client Services team, the varied work encompasses issues that include CFCs, loss relief, reorganisations, patent box, BEPs and international tax means ultimately this role will offer broad experience with significant exposure to senior stakeholders, responsibility in key decisions and a more varied portfolio to help you develop your career with EY. The team prides itself in flexibility of working - whether involving working in several areas or in working from home.
You’ll play a pivotal role effectively supervising the team both in terms of strategy and operations. With a number of factors in the market at the moment you’ll be at the forefront of helping our clients to navigate the market factors. As a corporate tax professional you’ll provide a full range of tax services, comprising both compliance and advisory work. You’ll be working alongside specialists on a day to day basis to broaden your experience of different tax areas to help our clients through planning, financial accounting, tax compliance and maintaining effective relationships with the tax authorities. As a member of this team, you’ll work on multidisciplinary projects helping clients develop integrated and far-sighted global strategies in the ever changing regulatory environment.
Your key responsibilities
- Grow and maintain relationships with clients, winning work proactively and contributing to winning new clients
- High level management of the successful delivery of technically complex consulting projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical / business focused approach taken
- Overall responsibility of quality of client service
- Grow networks and relationships internally and externally for the team to leverage from
- Help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff
- Contribute to people initiatives, including retaining and training international tax professionals
- Significant involvement in the management of the team both in terms of strategy and operations and also through managing junior staff development and assignments
Skills and attributes for success
- Significant experience in Corporate Tax from a large accountancy or law firm
- Strong client relationship management skills with ability to develop quality outputs to clients
- Negotiation skills, able to sustain opinion
- Business development skills, able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work
- Effective time management, ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- Enthusiastic team player with ability to create and sustain effective teams
- Experience of coaching and developing more junior staff
- Change orientated with flexible approach
To qualify for the role you must have
- Experienced tax practitioner with reviewing skills and expertise in corporate tax
- Degree qualified
- ACA / CA / Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training course / Law qualification / Tax specialist qualification / or breadth of knowledge equivalent to a Tax specialist qualification
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Project management skills, plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
What we look for
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
- Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please click the apply button below
Join us in building a better working world.