Compliance Officer (Part Time)
Appointment of a Compliance Officer
Applications are invited for the post of part-time Compliance Officer at The Study Preparatory School Wimbledon. This is a part time post for 2 days per week. Salary by negotiation and subject to qualifications and experience.
About this Post
This post has been created to address the increasing levels of regulatory compliance required by independent schools. Schools must meet and observe a wide variety of guidelines and regulations set by both government agencies and the Independent Schools’ Inspectorate. The Compliance Officer will advise the Headmistress and Senior Management Team on all aspects of regulatory compliance and other legal issues relating to the management of the school ensuring that appropriate records are maintained and policies are put into practice. This post reports to the Headmistress.
A school compliance officer is required to:
- Ensure that the School’s policies and procedures are fully compliant with all demands, both legislative and of the Independent Schools’ Inspectorate.
- Develop procedures and practices to ensure that these requirements are met.
- Spread awareness of policies, and promote the observation of practices and procedures designed to ensure compliance.
- Ensure that appropriate records are maintained to ensure compliance in all areas including Data Protection, Safeguarding and Health & Safety
- Stay up-to-date with current regulations and inform and advise the headmistress, staff and governors of all relevant rules and guidelines set by governments and other regulatory bodies such as the Independent Schools Inspectorate.
- Advise the Headmistress and senior management team on all aspects of regulatory compliance and other legal issues relating to the management of the school.
- To manage the administrative procedure for the recruitment of all new staff – teaching and nonteaching, in respect of the Central Staff Register and Safer Recruitment.
- To prepare employment contracts and offer letters.
- To provide full reports to the Headmistress.
- Safeguard and promote the welfare of all pupils.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the Headmistresses or Bursar.
- To be familiar with Charities Law and Governors’ duties.
It is likely that the person appointed will have:
- The ability to work independently.
- The ability to interpret legislation and other laid down procedures and be able to explain the requirements in simple, practical terms to non-specialists.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- The ability to think ahead and draw up schedules of review and follow-up, as necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills and confidence to communicate effectively with colleagues, both teaching and non-teaching.
- Confidence with the use of ICT.
- Relevant legal qualifications and experience.
Please email for further information and an application form.
Apply for Compliance Officer (Part Time)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly