Junior software developer (C#/SQL Server/Angular2), Global Employer Services, Tax
Junior software developer (C#/SQL Server/Angular2), Global Employer Services, Tax, Open to flexibility
Deloitte’s Car and Mobility Consulting (CMC) Team has a longstanding reputation of providing first class advice supported by market leading and practical software solutions. We are the leading and indeed only dedicated team servicing this area in the ‘Big 4’ Firms and demand for our consulting and payroll software solutions and services is growing rapidly and expanding into overseas markets. We have had 18 years of continued success in the market and this success is due to the quality of our people, all of whom have been with the team for many years.
The Digital Tax Solutions (DTS) team is a rapidly growing technology and innovation hub, which consults with and creates innovative and frequently cutting edge solutions for the wider Deloitte tax practice and the numerous multi-national blue-chip clients that Deloitte services.
You would sit within the wider DTS developer team, which is developer centric with its own career development pathway, and you would split your time between CMC projects and other diverse DTS projects, which will deliver considerable variety and opportunity for you. Both teams are distinctive as they sit within the core of our Tax Consulting business so our clients get an end-to-end advisory service with a framework of technology.
A key part of the role in DTS is development, both in growing your own skills and experience, and being a mentor for junior staff within the team and the wider firm as appropriate. You will be a team player and will enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise with others in our onshore and offshore teams, as well as continuing to build your own technical expertise or specialism.
Your role will allow you to contribute to (and ultimately own) the whole design and development life-cycle for new technology solutions, as well as providing support for existing products currently in service. A fun place to work with a real buzz; a forward thinking, innovative culture where colleagues are passionate about what they do and are supported by one of the largest consulting Firms in the World.
- As a software developer at Deloitte, you will be part of the team designing, implementing and maintaining products (and/or early stage concepts).
- You will work with your Product Manager to shape the product backlog and provide estimates on complexity.
- You will be a key member of a team that owns the end-to-end delivery of functionality into Production. We are focused on Continuous Delivery and DevOps.
- You and your team will provide third line support – we find this is the best motivator to build easy-to-support products.
- Whilst many of our developers have a particular specialty, e.g. front-end development, we encourage our developers to get comfortable working across the stack.
- Works as part of development team day-to-day
- Works closely with Product Manager and Design team
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: London with occasional domestic and international travel
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
- A team player, a good communicator who is happy to discuss their work in a development team environment, with a strong desire to learn new skills.
- Highly proficient in C#, SQL Server, Angular2 and SASS/CSS.
- Experience of .NET and Visual Studio environments.
- Source control experience, such as VSTS/GIT.
- Unit testing experience, frameworks such as MSTest/NUnit.
- Accessing SQL Server with ORM such as Entity Framework.
- Developing with cloud first in mind using both Azure/AWS e.g.
- Package manager/bundler experience, such as Webpack/npm.
Your service line
Arguably the most stimulating career environment in our industry, tax at Deloitte is a far cry from tax at other firms. Here, it’s all about collaborating with colleagues at the top of their game, across disciplines, for clients who urge us to constantly push the boundaries of our creativity. You’ll find a diverse mix of people, all working together to deliver best-in-class advice. And you’ll discover a structured programme that will help you develop even greater expertise. From fascinating projects to a wealth of secondment opportunities, both in the UK and overseas, you can enjoy a broad and rich career experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 157177