SAP Implementation Consultant, Tax Management Consulting, Tax, Open to flexibility
6 days left
- Contract Type
SAP Implementation Consultant, Tax Management Consulting, Tax, Open to flexibility
Deloitte’s Tax Management Consulting Team (TMC) has a market leading reputation in developing practical solutions. We are the largest of the Big 4 tax process and technology departments and demand for our services is growing rapidly. We have had great success in the market and this success is due to the quality of our people. Our TMC Technology Advisory team is distinctive as it sits within the core of our Tax Consulting business so our clients get an end to end global advisory service with a framework of technology. This means you will be joining a team that is front and centre with clients to get to the heart of the solution. A fun place to work with a real buzz; a forward thinking, innovative culture where colleagues are passionate about what they do.
A key part of the Consultant role is development, both in growing your own skills and experience, as well as being a mentor for junior staff within the team and the wider firm. You will be a team player and will enjoy sharing your SAP knowledge and expertise with others in our onshore and offshore teams, as well as continuing to build your own technical expertise or specialism.
You’ll get the opportunity to use and build on your previous experience implementing accounting systems, develop further Tax specific SAP experience and explore processes, reporting and data management.
You will also work collaboratively with the wider Tax Management Consulting team and more broadly within Deloitte. As a Consultant, you will utilise your commercial awareness and professional expertise, along with leveraging that of other teams in order to deliver the best possible outcomes for our clients.
In this position, you will work with our clients to design, implement or remediate the tax elements of SAP systems and advise clients on their SAP Implementation roadmaps specifically for Tax. You will be the key point of contact for day-to-day project issues, but supported by ERP leads and other SMEs in the wider functional team to deliver the best outcomes for our clients. With help from Associate Directors, Directors, and Partners, you will help our clients maximise the potential of their systems. You will be able to work independently on client sites and provide structure and direction to junior members of engagement team with a wide range of tax and non-tax stakeholder.
The position will require exceptional problem solving skills, and a solid functional knowledge of SAP and processes such as Order to Cash, Purchase to Pay, Asset to Retire and Record to Report. Play a critical client facing role that interprets and translates client requirements into a solution that benefits from exploitation of some of Deloitte’s predefined assets along with implementation and testing. Contribute to the development of response for proposals (RFPs) to client opportunities and support the management and leadership in developing innovative and client issue-led Go- to-market propositions.
- Work on SAP implementations and help develop tax solutions. Contribute to the design, development, and implementation of the tax elements of SAP or other ERP vendors.
- Prepare technical design, functional and technical requirement documents.
- Participate in reviews of existing SAP systems and processes from a risk, controls and best practice perspective and suggest improvements.
- Create unit test plans and scenarios for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) testing for Tax. Support functional team members on system and UAT testing.
- Collaborate with internal Tax subject matter experts and client teams to understand and link business problems and tax-sensitive solutions relevant to the project or client engagement.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: London with occasional domestic and international travel
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
- Functional experience in SAP ECC 6.0 or S/4HANA; and ability to understand and translate client requirements into SAP design and configuration
- Prior experience working independently, occasionally fast paced, and in a deadline-orientated environment;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel;
- Ability to review and analyse areas of risk or process weakness, and provide potential solutions;
- Ability to effectively communicate the implications of complex technical concepts to senior, non-technical audiences.
- Interest in latest ERP technologies, third party tools and eagerness to build new tax skills.
Your service line
Arguably the most stimulating career environment in our industry, tax at Deloitte is a far cry from tax at other firms. Here, it’s all about collaborating with colleagues at the top of their game, across disciplines, for clients who urge us to constantly push the boundaries of our creativity. You’ll find a diverse mix of people, all working together to deliver best-in-class advice. And you’ll discover a structured programme that will help you develop even greater expertise. From fascinating projects to a wealth of secondment opportunities, both in the UK and overseas, you can enjoy a broad and rich career experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 157857