Director, Corporate Development, Open to flexibility
Director, Corporate Development, Open to flexibility
We are searching for a high profile Corporate Development Director who can make a positive difference to the Corporate Development team and GSK as a whole and who can inspire others to the same. Come and join the team! Together we can serve our GSK colleagues to enable them to help patients and consumers around the globe to do more, feel better and live longer!
WHAT IS YOUR JOB PURPOSE?
This is a high profile role, which will require close interaction with CET members, external advisers and other senior management. We are looking for an innovative and "self starter" approach, an ability to deliver high quality product to tight deadlines and total flexibility of response to changing business requirements are critical to success in this role.
The Corporate Development team manages a fast moving portfolio of strategic projects on behalf of the SVP Global Corporate Development, the Chief Strategy Officer and other CET members. These strategic projects mostly relate to acquisition or sale of companies or brands by GSK and range in value from a few £'m to in excess of £1bn. Each project is unique but all are highly confidential as they have the potential to impact directly the share price of GSK and other companies. The projects are complex in nature, involving the participation of many different GSK functions, and in some cases third parties and external advisors. The Corporate Development team needs to work flexibly, driven by changing priorities and extremely tight deadlines set by CET members.
This role would give you the opportunity to lead and interact with a cross functional team in the evaluation, negotiation and execution of key transactions for the CEO, CFO and Chief Strategy Officer. You will also participate in and/or lead multi-disciplinary, cross-border due diligence teams, drawn from external and internal resources.
WHAT ARE YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Independent review and business case assessment for the CEO, CFO and Chief Strategy Officer of transactions requiring CET approval (excluding early stage product licensing). Central support to regional and/or franchise senior management and business development teams as requested in respect of acquisitions and divestments
- Management of external advisers
- Performing entity and product valuations for tax or other purposes.
- Managing GSK equity investment portfolio.
- Assist with training and development of Finance Analysts.
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE TEAM?
Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
- PQE finance partnering or business development experience gained in a blue chip industry, investment banking or transaction support environment
- Expertise in valuation methods, option analysis and investment decision making - specifically the ability to create, understand and operate complex financial models and to use judgement in assessing their outputs
- Communicating for results - specifically the ability to present clearly and effectively the often complex and outputs from financial models
- Personal credibility, confidence and robustness to influence and challenge often very senior colleagues, whilst maintaining cultural sensitivity
- See above
WHO ARE WE?
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You will join GSK's vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Find out how you can do this .
WHO WILL I BE WORKING WITH?
Click here to meet your team.
HOW DO I DEVELOP MY CAREER?
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You will also have regular personal development meetings with your line manager to give you the opportunity to create a fulfilling career at GSK.
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED?
The Total Reward Package offered is:
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive on Target Bonus
- 26-days paid holiday
- Personal Healthcare, with the option to purchase family cover
- GSK Pension
- Share & Save Schemes
- Total Reward Discounts
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.