Pay and Reward HR Consultant, full time or part time hours available
Pay and Reward HR Consultant, full time and part time opportunities considered for the right candidate
- Want to improve the working lives of millions of people across the UK?
- Devise reward strategies that tackle pay gaps and promote equality?
Making a difference through social research
As a not-for-profit, the Institute for Employment Studies (IES) has been cultivating independent, evidence-based research that matters for fifty years. Our goal is to make the UK a better place to live, study and work.
From stopping the gender pay gap in its tracks, to devising reward strategies for major employers. As a consultant, every day is different, and we’ll support you to become a recognised expert in pay and reward.
IES staff emerge from a variety of backgrounds. For this, senior level role, the ideal candidate would be a:
- a thoughtful HR practitioner with a good understanding of issues facing human resources teams and experience of developing evidence based processes and practices
- a competent consultant with a track record of applied consultancy skills, supporting employers to improve people management practice
Whatever your background, you’ll also have:
- studied a relevant discipline or have a significant track record in this field
- an excellent understanding and knowledge of current pay and reward issues
- confident communications skills, engaging with a wide range of senior practitioners in the world of pay and reward
- good analytical skills, intellectual curiosity and creativity
- the ability to write in an engaging, informative way
- end-to-end project management experience and experience of managing people, clients and budgets
- confidence, and the ability to work in a changeable, fast paced environment
We offer excellent benefits of 31 days’ holiday per year for full-time staff, plus bank holidays, a contributory career-average defined-benefit pension scheme (USS), career progression and development opportunities, and support to disseminate your research, build your external reputation and expand your knowledge through working with our expert staff.
The role can be based in either Brighton or at our London office, near Westminster and will involve an element of travel.
We recognise that staff have lives outside of work, and offer part-time and flexible working opportunities, where possible, to support study and family commitments.
How to apply
For full details of the role, and an application form, please click 'Apply'.
Application closing date: midday, Monday, 26 November, 2018