Head of People, part time - 28 hours per week
Reporting to: CEO
Hours: Flexible working is in place between the hours of 08:00 – 19:00 Work outside of these hours may be required in certain circumstances. Core working hours are 10:00 until 16:00, Monday to Friday.
Contract: Part-time (28 hours per week, flexible working pattern)
Salary: £40,000- £45,000 FTE (Salary dependant on experience and qualifications)
Location: The offices of The House of St Barnabas, 1 Greek Street, W1D 4NQ
Start date: Immediate
Job description & person specification:
We are looking for an empathetic individual with experience in managing generalist HR services and a working knowledge of employment law and best practice. Working closely with our CEO, directors and line managers you will be focussed on working toward our goal of attracting and keeping the best people.
- Experience in managing generalist HR services
- Working knowledge of employment law and best practice
- Outstanding communication and listening skills
- The ability to make clear, rational, well balanced decisions
- Experience of working to high levels of confidentiality are essential.
- Proven experience of supporting the successful creation and execution of an organisation’s People Strategy.
- CIPD qualification
Areas of responsibility
To execute and further develop our plan in support of the organisation’s focus on “Brilliant Basics” with particular attention to our goal to “attract and keep the best people”
Ensure objectives around “People” as part of our plan are met as follows:
Recruitment, Reward and Retention
- Support the successful creation and execution of the organisation’s People Strategy.
- Provide centralised HR support on all recruitment, in support of organisational goals and in line with agreed processes and timescales
- Work with the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) to develop and deliver a compensation, benefits and development framework, which supports our good work ethos, aids staff retention and delivery of organisational goals
- Conduct a skills gap analysis against agreed core competencies and to implement a cost-effective training package which underpins organisational skills development
- Develop and implement end-to-end HR processes which support organisational goals and mitigate risk
- With support from 3rd party HR consultants, provide generalist HR services for the organisation (including overseeing any investigations)
- Provide support and advice to employees in line with the employee handbook
- Conduct a twice-yearly staff survey and provide collated feedback to the SLT and our Board of Trustees
Compliance and Risk
- Monitor and report upon any live organisational risks, including monthly reporting and year-on-year trend analysis
- Work with line managers to mitigate any identified risks
- Provide support to line managers on performance management issues
- Ensure that all policies and processes are compliant with employment law and in line with best practice
- Provide an annual report on compliance in line with our Board’s annual governance review
- Support organisation with roll out of new employee handbook & contracts
HR administration and reporting
- Produce all full-time and freelance contracts and to ensure that all contract documentation is in line with best practice.
- Provide monthly HR reporting on a range of issues, including risk, sickness/absence/performance management
- Manage the organisation’s HR budget to obtain the best outcomes and best value-for-money
What we can do for you – why working with us is great
- 33 days per annum holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- 35 hour working week
- Flexible working in line with business needs, with core hours between 10:00 – 16:00
- Half a day extra leave for your birthday so you can celebrate in style
- Fun team days out twice a year
- Free barista coffee from our club downstairs(!)
- Auto-enrollment into pension
- Access to a whole host of amazing talks gigs and events
- Attending our amazing graduation ceremonies
How to apply
Please send a covering letter outlining why you would be suitable for this role together with your most recent CV via the application below.
Closing date: Sunday 11th November 2018
Phone interviews to take place on: Tuesday 13th November 2018
Face to face interviews to take place on: Friday 16th November 2018
Please note: Due to the high level of interest in our organisation, we are unfortunately only able to acknowledge the individual applicants invited to interview.