Strategy Manager - full time, open to flexibility
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
Our purpose, celebrating life, every day, everywhere means that our brands are part of celebrations big and small. We believe that living our purpose in full is to make the most of life - to be the best you can be at work, at home, with friends, in the community, and for the community.
Do you deliver brilliant execution and are outcome-oriented? Do you have the ability to effectively lead and influence a wide range of people, at all levels of the organisation? Do you demonstrate deep personal accountability for great performance, moving effectively between strategy and operational detail, staying focussed on commercial priorities and critical agenda?
If your answer is yes to all of these questions, then upload your details and join our talent pool for upcoming roles with us here at Diageo!
Diageo’s Strategy team is composed of two pillars, Corporate Strategy and Market Strategy. It is a high profile team, with great exposure to Diageo Top Management and senior leadership population. It operates in a classic consultancy structure, and with Diageo’s deep commitment for talent development and intention to bring in talent for future General Manager population, this individual can grow into a more senior position within the team within a couple of years.
- Accountable for leading Corporate Strategy development across the executive committee and SL population.
- Global Leadership for Diageo of competitor understanding and the implications for that on our global and local strategy, including accountability and oversight of the corporate external data set
- Critical role in supporting annual strategic planning and leading content development for the ASC
- Coaching and leading other junior members of the team and enhancing overall team effectiveness
Qualifications and Experience Required
- From leading university
- MBA qualified
- Emerging market experience / background
- Finance background
- ‘Experienced’ functional and leadership capabilities across all capabilities defined
- Ability to bring challenge and alternative view points to the Top Management
- Ability to understand the practical environment in which a strategy needs to be delivered, and build fit for purpose solutions
- Ability to lead a project from defining the strategic outcomes required to embedding it across the senior leadership population, i.e., not only the content but also the stakeholder ownership
- Alcohol industry experience preferable
- Consultancy preferable
Please click the apply button below for further details and to make your application