Financial Controller, 2 days per week, Central London
About Pure Events:
We are a young, dynamic and service driven events agency of 12 people, specialising in creating and producing bespoke event solutions globally. We are an award-winning business, most recently named Challenger Agency of the year at the 2017 EVCOM Industry Awards. Incorporated in 2005, we deliver 70+ events every year and consider ourselves to be ‘Corporate Creatives’. Our client base are corporate clients across a range of sectors including automotive, legal, financial services and FMCG.
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic finance individual to join our team as Financial Controller on a temporary basis to cover maternity leave (9 to 13 months). We would like the successful candidate to begin at the beginning of January 2019 to ensure a smooth handover. The role is 2 days a week with flexibility on the choice of days.
The successful candidate will report to the management team and be the sole finance person within the business. The size of the team will mean that this role will not only involve all day to day financial aspects of running the business but will also require some strategic input in to commercial decisions.
A key measure of success will be how well the individual will support the Managing Director and integrate with the rest of the team.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- To undertake the day to day bookkeeping and cash flow management for the business.
- Oversee the company budgets, cash flow and forecasting.
- Work closely with the Managing Director to maximise the profit of our client business and oversee the administrative side of the agency.
- To produce accurate and timely management information to support the Board and leadership team to run the business.
- To support the wider team with any financial matters that arise.
- Oversee the tax affairs of the company, ensuring full compliance and minimising the company’s tax liability.
- Preparing and submitting the quarterly VAT returns.
- Management of the company payroll and pension scheme and liaison with the outsourced providers.
- Working with the Company’s appointed accountants to prepare the annual accounts.
- Negotiation of overhead costs and when required, looking for new suppliers to maximise value for money.
- Oversee the financial management software package, and optimize its performance in the business.
- Assessing finance processes and recommend areas for improvement.
- Working with Managing Director on any HR matters with regards to contracts, offer letters and development of employee remunerations structures.
- Assessment annually of the company’s insurance policies.
You must be a pro-active, knowledgeable and confident individual who is passionate about their job. You will want a role that puts you at the heart of the business in a valued role. In return the agency will offer a competitive salary and a great working environment.
- A UK recognised accountancy qualification with 5+ years of post-qualification experience in a similar role. Experience or knowledge of the events industry would be an advantage.
- Experience in owner-managed SMEs would be beneficial.
- A personable and pragmatic approach is essential.
- Excellent communication skills, especially when explaining finance matters to people within the business.
- Excellent business acumen and experience as a senior management advisor.
- Be a self-starter and possess the confidence to work unsupervised to deliver high quality and on-time work and set their own priorities.
- Excellent understanding of the issues surrounding working with clients or projects overseas including the management of foreign currencies
- A good knowledge of UK VAT regulations particularly when dealing with clients or suppliers overseas.
- Demonstrable experience establishing and managing financial processes
- Proficiency with Paprika software would be an advantage but is not essential. Experience of other integrated financial systems would be helpful.
- Candidates must be fluent in English with excellent written and verbal skills
- A great team player.
- Please note that we are only able accept applications from candidates who are eligible to live and work in the UK.
- No agencies please.
- You will be based at our offices in Central London near Victoria.
- Please apply with a CV and covering letter including your salary expectations by 7th November 2018.