Trainee Tax Assistant, Firms Tax, U1, ICS, Open to flexibility
Trainee Tax Assistant, Firms Tax, U1, ICS, Open to flexibility
Are you looking for a tax trainee role to kick start your career?
We have a rare opportunity for four individuals to take part in a formal study programme to become part of a newly formed Tax Delivery Team within a growing department. These unique positions offer the opportunity to work across all tax disciplines whilst benefiting from the support associated with a Big 4 firm.
The Firm’s Tax department is responsible for providing tax compliance services to the firm and its Partners and employees, including corporate tax, personal tax, international tax for international project workers and assignees, benefits reporting, and VAT compliance.
As part of the Tax Delivery Team you will support Firm’s Tax in a variety of activities across all taxes ranging from data analytics to negotiating a position with the tax authorities, involving cutting-edge technology such as arranging Robotic Process Automation and innovative Continuous Service Improvement methodologies.
Deliverables will include some or all of the following:
- Liaison with tax and mobility teams across the global Deloitte network
- Support in the management of overseas tax compliance for cross-border engagements
- End to end UK personal tax compliance for our partners and their family members plus our internationally mobile employees
- Creation and maintenance of tax provisions for UK equity partners, including arranging payments to HMRC
- Administration of modified payrolls
- Support the audit of the firm’s quarterly VAT filing requirements
- Communication with key stakeholders across the business
- Undertaking data analysis to support our statutory Corporate tax compliance filing requirements
- Assisting with the provision of advice to the firm relating to income tax on benefits provided
- Supporting the submission of annual P11d statements to HMRC and other employer compliance filing requirements, including calculation and submission of the firm’s annual PAYE settlement agreement
- Help manage risk for the firm
You will receive supportive on the job training and, for those fully meeting the desired education criteria, the opportunity to study for the ATT Foundation and the ATT/CTA Tax Pathway combined qualifications. Study packages for those who do not fully meet the criteria will be discretionary based on performance.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: Milton Keynes
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
Ideally you will be educated to degree level with a degree classification of 2:1 or above in any discipline and have GCSE English Language 4 (equivalent C) and GCSE Maths 6 (equivalent B). (Or equivalent)
Key skills for the role include:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable approach
- Creative thinking
- Problem Solving
Your service line
Internal Client Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal client services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Markets, Finance & Legal, Shared Services, National Quality & Risk Management, IT Services, and Property & Corporate Services, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Familiesand to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 158471