Tax Manager or Senior Manager, TMT (Media & Entertainment) - Open to flexible working
Tax Manager or Senior Manager, TMT (Media & Entertainment) - Condensed hours/ flex working pattern/ part-time working available
Job Description Summary:
At Grant Thornton we're driven by a purpose of shaping a vibrant economy, based on trust and integrity in markets, dynamic businesses, and communities where businesses and people thrive. By living our purpose and focusing on quality, we strive to be the go-to-firm for growth. We’ve created our own unique culture – one that offers the opportunities of a major organisation in a personal, close-knit environment and that's built around a Challenger Leadership style and a Shared Enterprise model.
Come and think independently with an organisation that’s doing the same. We’re determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It’s why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It’s invigorating. It’s inspiring. It’s creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let’s make change happen.
The world of technology, media and telecommunications (TMT) never stands still. You'll work with specialists who live and breathe media. As a leading business advisors with a dedicated cross-discipline media team; our team is well known in the sector and possesses a passionate and personal interest in it.
We are looking for a media focused tax manager or senior manager to join our growing team and facilitate the continued growth of the practice. You will seek out opportunities to develop and grow the portfolio of business, establish strong relationships in the sector and be able to make introductions to your colleagues cross-service line. Sector experience is not a prerequisite, however you will have a strong desire to work in this area.
What you’ll be doing:
- Advising UK and international businesses from start-up to IPO.
- Providing advice on a range of domestic and cross border tax issues, group structuring, tax efficient financing, inbound and outbound investment, etc.
- Working on corporate tax matters as well as entrepreneurial tax issues around investor backed transactions; advising board of directors; CFO and advising of a wide range of tax matters
- Recommending strategies for managing clients’ effective tax rate using efficient intellectual property, financing and other strategies
- Managing the business and wider tax relationships with the client. Acting as their point of contact for recurring business
- Overseeing teams in regards to tax advisory projects. Acting as the point of contact for specialists, overseas member firms and external advisers to deliver successful projects and expertise to those clients.
- Coaching and developing junior members of staff
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest market trends and possess a passion to work in media tax
- Proactively seeks out business development opportunities.
- Participates fully in new client pitch situations.
Who we're looking for:
- you'll have gained experience working within a professional services environment
- you’ll possess working knowledge of UK corporate tax legislation (and ideally entrepreneurial private client tax matters)
- you’ll have achieved your ACA/CTA qualification
- you’ll possess a genuine desire to work in the media sector
- you’ll have reviewed work and supervised staff in a tax environment
Passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential, you’ll be someone who wants to make a difference and shape your career and a Vibrant Economy. You’ll have strong technical skills and experience of providing clients with quality services.
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to progress your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and beyond. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.