Social Community Manager, Open to flexibility
Social Community Manager, Open to flexibility
At Moneysupermarket Group we do everything we can to support our people so that they can be themselves and realise their potential. The environment in our London, Ewloe and Manchester offices is open plan and collaborative. Our dress code is informal and you’ll get to work with friendly and supportive colleagues. All of our roles are open to flexibility and we offer competitive salaries plus benefits including 27 days holiday, pension, a health cash plan, life assurance and bonus potential, as well as the option to flex a range of benefits to suit your lifestyle. Best of all though, we are passionate about making a real difference – helping your friends, family and neighbours, along with every other household in the UK, to save money.
Why join the MoneySavingExpert.com Team?
MoneySavingExpert.com (MSE) is the UK’s biggest consumer website. It provides millions of users with free, independent, editorially-led information about all things money. The goal for everyone working at MSE is simple – we’re dedicated to cutting consumer bills and fighting hard for financial justice for everyone. We get around 15m Money Savers to our website every month. Our weekly email is full of exclusive deals, tricks and MoneySaving guides, all aimed at helping people make the most of their cash. The MSE Forum is a lively and supportive community, with more than 1.5 million users taking part in 3 million discussions ranging from making the most of your credit card to good old-fashioned thrifty budgeting. In addition, our Cheap Energy Club takes the hard work out of switching energy and saving on energy bills while Credit Club is a great way of managing an array of financial decisions.
But what really makes MSE stand-out from the crowd is the Editorial Code, which lies at the heart of everything we do. Regardless of your role at MSE, it’s everybody’s job to champion the consumer - and that makes us a truly unique, exciting and rewarding place to work. If you are inspired by what we do or see yourself as a passionate consumer champion, and have the grit and enthusiasm along with the skills we seek, a career in MSE might just be the right career step you are looking for.
Why our role?
Our social platforms are key for driving MSE campaigns, exclusive investigations and expert views to a wider audience, so that all consumers can benefit, regardless of whether they read MSE or not. Being in the heart of an exciting, fast-paced newsroom environment, the social team is consistently busy and in-demand.
We are looking for a talented Social Community Manager to create engaging and relevant copy and concepts for our established brand. As part of the Social team, you will be responsible for supporting the creation of original text for social posts and helping us grow our channels in new and interesting ways. Crucially, you will also be responsible for engaging with and building strong relationships with our users, creating a 2-way conversation. You will need to be attuned to responding to our user’s needs and questions while working within MSE’s editorial code.
As a digital expert, we expect you to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our editorial outputs in a fun and creative way so we continue meet and exceeded targets.
This role will give the right candidate the opportunity to work for one of the most trusted and well-known brands in the UK.
What will you be doing?
- Extend the exposure of MSE’s hugely popular content to a wider audience via social platforms
- Write, edit and publish engaging content for various social networks, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Optimise social media posts (language, tone, message) based on our target audience behaviours
- Work with the teams across MSE editorial to find appropriate content to share
- Support team members in the selection of appealing images and videos to complement text
- Engage with MSE users on social to maintain and grow our followers
- Coordinate with internal teams to create on-brand posts
- Suggest creative solutions and techniques to boost brand awareness
- Spot relevant social trends that are on-brand that will push MSE to the forefront of the conversation
What do you need to excel in this role?
- Previous experience in a standalone social media role
- A real self-starter, news hungry and enthusiastic
- A genuine interest in current affairs and personal finance news
- Excellent understanding of what makes good social content for a news/journalism brand
- Experience of posting video content
- Creative and keen to offer up ideas
- Knowledge of MSE and our key areas of work
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and quickly draft posts in response to the day’s news
- Have a demonstrable interest in working in a busy news environment
- The ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting demands, whilst remaining calm and resilient
- Solid writing ability, including good grammar
Nice to have:
- Photoshop skills
- Experience using Sprout for posting and scheduling