Internal Comms Channel Manager, Open to flexibility
Internal Comms Channel Manager, Open to flexibility
At Moneysupermarket Group we do everything we can to support our people so that they can be themselves and realise their potential. The environment in our London, Ewloe and Manchester offices is open plan and collaborative. Our dress code is informal and you’ll get to work with friendly and supportive colleagues. All of our roles are open to flexibility and we offer competitive salaries plus benefits including 27 days holiday, pension, a health cash plan, life assurance and bonus potential, as well as the option to flex a range of benefits to suit your lifestyle. Best of all though, we are passionate about making a real difference – helping your friends, family and neighbours, along with every other household in the UK, to save money.
Why Join the Internal Communications Team?
The internal communications and engagement team sits within the People function. We are responsible for communicating across the entire Group to employees who are based across four locations and brands. Our team is newly formed and has embarked on an exciting challenge to establish the impact and value internal communications can have on a business. The business is currently going through a journey of re:Invention and as part of this, our team is re:Inventing how we communicate across the Group. This involves creating and embedding new channels, developing a consistent tone, style, language and visual identity for communications; as well executing impactful face-to-face engagement events and ensuring everyone understands how they contribute to our purpose of helping households save money. We are also responsible for partnering with stakeholders to build a culture of inclusion and innovation, ensuring everyone feels they can be their very best while working here.
Why Our Role?
You would report directly to the Head of Internal Communications. The purpose of your role would be to ensure that all MSMG employees are kept informed, motivated and inspired, by using the full range of internal communications channels and face-to-face events to communicate relevant, engaging and planned content.
Scope of role:
- Hold the reins on our internal communication channels and develop engaging content across all of them.
- Evaluate the impact of our channels and content, with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation.
- Project manage a wide range of internal communications campaigns.
- Provide advice to the business on internal communications.
What will you be doing?
Hold the reins on our internal communication channels and develop engaging content across all of them.
- Source, create and publish on an ongoing basis, engaging Group-wide content that meets organisational objectives, aligns with the overall internal communications strategy, connects with strategic narrative, and drives engagement.
- As part of this, you’ll be the lead editor for our new, flagship weekly e-bulletin, ‘MoneySuperScoop’.
- Ensure content is accessible, inclusive, user-friendly, inspiring, visually led, and adheres to our style guide.
- With editors and writers among our audience, you’ll champion excellence in copywriting, creating brilliant content across channels such as e-bulletin, intranet news and plasma content. You’ll use your eye for detail and creativity to ensure that everything we publish is of the very best quality.
- Create, control and maintain a forward-looking production schedule for all internal communications activity, to ensure line of sight, cross-channel fertilisation, and to avoid content clashes.
- Play a key role in developing, launching and embedding new channels. You’ll recommend continuous improvements to all our channels, including our new weekly bulletin, intranet, screens, face to face – and you’ll ensure the development of our visual identity and tone of voice across all of them.
- Use your events skills to support delivery of face to face activity, including the popular annual all-staff event.
- Bring your video know-how to help us develop our approach to using video as an effective way to communicate and engage across the Group.
- Use your creativity to develop the visual look and feel of internal communications, as our brand evolves.
Evaluate the impact of channels and content, with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation
- Measure the effectiveness of internal communication channels and content on a regular basis; make recommendations and take proactive steps to continually improve the offering.
- Produce a monthly evaluation dashboard to visually represent the impact of the internal communications team. Help develop our approach to metrics, drawing from industry best practice.
- Carry out regular staff focus groups and surveys to temperature check the effectiveness of internal communications and how we can improve.
Project manage a wide range of internal communications campaigns
- Represent internal communications on Group-wide projects as required to ensure project managers factor communications into plans; and ensure communication plans align with overall project objectives.
- Develop internal communications plans for a range for projects, initiatives and campaigns, and implement them to a high standard.
Provide advice to the business on internal communications
- Act as an ambassador for internal communications, providing advice on how to engage and communicate across the Group.
- Support teams and functions to develop their own communication plans, ensuring consistency with the central group internal communications strategy.
- Advise on sensitive or complex internal communications challenges and offer impactful communication solutions.
- Bring industry best practice to the role to continually improve the internal communications offering.
- Manage and advise local contributors (intranet editors, etc.) to ensure self-generated content meets objectives for internal communications and adheres to our style guide.
What do you need to excel in this role?
- A strong background in communications, ideally including internal communications.
- Deep knowledge of and passion for innovative, best in class internal communications and channels.
- Excellent copywriting and the ability to tell a compelling story, tailoring and segmenting messages according to audience need.
- A flair for creativity and innovation.
- A good balance between the ability to think strategically, to plan, and to get stuck in and get things done.
- Video editing skills.
- Stakeholder management.
- Project management/good organisation skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and move across multiple projects.
- Team player and supportive colleague.
- Flexible, proactive and able to creatively solve problems independently.