Part time Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager, Scotland
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Scottish-based sales/business development manager to join a growing entrepreneurial technology company and be an integral part of fuelling the next stage in their business growth.
Providing HR technology and consulting services to private and public sector companies, this company has created an innovative niche in an exciting business sector. They are now looking for a Business Development Manager to join the team 1-2 days a week, initially on a 6-month contract basis, with a view to growing into a permanent role in the future as the business expands.
It’s an ideal role for someone with a sales/business development background in selling technology and/or consulting services, seeking a flexible yet challenging opportunity.
The purpose of the role is to build a pipeline of sales opportunities with new and existing contacts by intelligently identifying and building relationships with key decision makers in target companies.
Key responsibilities include:
· Intelligently identifying, networking and engaging with target contacts and decision makers
· Securing meetings and driving attendance to online demos and webinars and managing the follow up and qualification process
· Managing contact details and keeping contact database up to date
The ideal candidates will be:
· An experienced sales/business development professional well versed in lead generation and selling technology solutions and/or professional services to large organisations
· Excellent at building relationships and engaging target clients at a senior level with experience of knowing how to identify a need and position a solution
· A sales driven individual with an eye for an opportunity and the ability to qualify and close
· Able to demonstrate an ability to understand and quickly get up to speed with different industries and sectors
The successful candidate would need to be articulate, bright and highly organised with a mix of independent and collaborative style. They would be a self-starter who works independently but regularly reports progress to the team. Values are important – candidates need integrity, pragmatism – and a sense of humour!
They will be a quick thinker and a good listener, persistent without being pushy and display authenticity.
There are great rewards for great contribution – with an attractive on target bonus scheme.
Flexibility: 10 days per month
Location: Home based role with occasional travel to meetings in Edinburgh / Glasgow
Salary: £20 hourly rate plus on target bonus scheme
Recruiter contact: Linda Baldwin