Experienced External Audit Managers
Our client is seeking qualified accountants to support their permanent teams across the UK during audit busy-season. This will be a four to six month placement starting at the end of 2018 and continuing until spring 2019.
As a Manager in the Assurance team, you'll have the opportunity to work across a diverse and exciting client base of businesses that include large multinational listed and internationally headquartered; entrepreneurial and family owned; early stage and fast growth technology, life sciences and cleantech companies; and world leading public, educational and not for profit organisations.
Essential skills and experience
- ACA or equivalent qualification
- Experience of external audit, including experience of management of the audit from planning to supervision and review of the process
- US GAAP and/or UK GAAP experience
- A flexible approach and passion for client service
- Experience of coaching and mentoring more inexperienced members of staff
- A working knowledge of business development activity
The role will incorporate:
- A portfolio of external audit clients where you will be responsible for the day to day management, client liaison and technical issues management.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with existing clients of the firm, understanding opportunities to assist with their issues.
- Reporting directly to the Assurance Partner and Director and having a number of direct team members report to you.
- Responsibility for the coaching and development of the team members reporting directly into you taking responsibility for the career development of others.
- Assisting with managing the staffing of the job, the financial performance and ensuring that key deadlines are met
- Business development activities such as building relationships with target clients or involvement in pitch situations
Salary: Up to £58,000 FTE
Location: UK wide
Flexibility: 4 or 5 days a week office based, Fixed term contract of 4-6 months
Must be able to start work in November or December 2018
Recruiter contact: Linda Baldwin