Senior Admissions & Communications Officer (Maternity Cover) (Term Time Only)
Senior Admissions & Communications Officer
Reporting to: Director of Admissions & Communication
Working closely with: Admissions Manager, Admissions & Communications Officer (Junior School)
Contract: Five days per week, term time only plus 15 days (12 months maternity cover)
Occasional work will be needed during evenings, weekends and holidays (especially during the autumn term)
Salary: Dependent on experience
Start date: February 2019
The role requires exceptional communication, interpersonal and organisational skills, empathy, sympathy, flexibility and attention to detail. Reporting to the Director and working closely with the Admissions Manager and will need to manage the operational delivery of the annual Communications and Admissions plan.
Skills and attributes:
- Should be imaginative and creative in their approach
- Able to relate well to prospective parents – excellent phone manner – and colleagues
- Able to manage time well so that pressure points such as Open Mornings or taster days are managed effectively
- Understand and act upon the need for constant, accurate communication so that parents and other stakeholders have confidence in and enthusiasm for the school
- Ability to write effective marketing copy for print and online
- Knowledge of digital marketing and CMS – development, implementation and on-going management.
- Working closely with the Admissions Manager to manage the end-to-end communications process to prospective parents from initial enquiry to acceptance of place
- Conduct school tours for prospective parents
- Working with Director to identify and conduct non-joiner research
- Responsible for implementing the school’s marketing plan, providing support for programme of events and other activities and initiatives, for the purpose of successful pupil recruitment and excellent public relations
- Strategic and operational management of advertising plan for pupil recruitment
- Assist with the management of entrance tests including liasing with Heads of Department
- Attend open morning events and assessments outside of working hours where necessary.
Taking the strategic lead from the department Director, having operational responsibility for the branding, production, editing, distribution of printed marketing communications material, and promotional publications. For example:
- Departmental brochures, printed literature etc
- Open day and event display materials.
Ensure the smooth delivery of all Colfe’s digital activity by creating and managing online content and social media activities. For example:
- Working with the Director to plan and develop website and intranet systems as well as a rolling social media strategy
- As part of Colfe’s ongoing website development - manage future site audits, CMS upgrades and improvements and migration of content between current and future sites
- Contribute to setting and managing the budget for digital activities and provide regular reports as and when requested to the Director and the Senior Management Team
- To ensure that maximum value is obtained from any media coverage both internally and externally by ensuring cuttings are collated and distributed to interested parties and promoting on social media.
- To be responsible for the planning, creation, booking and evaluation of all promotional advertising for the school, working with outside agencies as appropriate.
- To promote continually the need for marketing and customer-oriented approaches in all aspects of the school’s operations
- To ensure all teaching staff feel informed of and sufficiently involved in the school’s marketing programme
- To be a visible and approachable figure for current pupils and staff, and to listen to their perspective on school life.
All applicants must submit:
- An application form, accompanied by a letter of application, current CV
- Details of two referees, who will be contacted prior to interview, in accordance with the School’s Safer Recruitment procedures.
The application should be marked private and confidential and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Mrs Anna Ross, Colfe’s School, Horn Park Lane, London SE12 8AW.
The deadline for applications is Friday 30 November with interviews on Tuesday 11 December.
Colfe’s reserves the right to appoint to this post before the closing date if necessary.
Colfe’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Apply for Senior Admissions & Communications Officer (Maternity Cover) (Term Time Only)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly