Finance & Administration Officer, 30 - 37.5 hours per week (Part Time or Full Time)
The Finance & Administration Officer will support the Finance & Operations Manager in a range of financial and administrative duties and be responsible for ensuring our office in Clapham runs smoothly. Together this team of two are responsible to the Chief Executive for all financial and governance matters of the charity, including production of management accounts, management of accounts receivable and payable, payroll and VAT, as well as HR administration, IT, office management and general administration.
The applicant should have excellent organisational, administrative and interpersonal skills. Confidence with numbers, including with spreadsheets, is required. Experience as either a book-keeper, finance assistant or office manager is desirable. The applicant must be able to deliver tasks to an agreed timescale and have the ability to manage their own workload, as well as working as part of a team. They must be flexible as the role is varied, and may change as the activities of the charity develop. The applicant should have enthusiasm for supporting our small team to deliver the charity’s aims and objectives.
The position reports to the Finance & Operations Manager. However, the Finance & Administration Officer will also work with other staff in support of their projects, such as assistance with workshop bookings and management of orders of our products.
The role could suit someone relatively new to the workforce, keen to learn and gain experience in a financial role, such as a new graduate, or someone with more experience and the right skills.
Supporting the Finance & Operations Manager with financial work, including:
- Book-keeping, using QuickBooks Online
- Payroll– preparing payroll spreadsheet and processing (using Iris Payroll), managing pensions contributions and auto-enrolment and other pensions documentation
- Creating invoices for our products and services
- Managing accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Dealing with external suppliers on accounts matters arising
- Preparing analyses and other documents, primarily in Word and Excel, including analysis of expenses, letters to suppliers, petty cash expenditure etc., dealing with payments received through our website (PayPal), Gift Aid, and correct coding for VAT as the charity is VAT-registered
- Sorting incoming financial mail, such as remittance advices, accounts payable and donor cheques, and ensuring these are dealt with as appropriate
- Ensuring all financial procedures are maintained including appropriate sign-offs, confidentiality etc.
- Maintaining spreadsheet records of orders for our products, such as our Student Money Manual. Creating and emailing invoices as needed and arranging packing and despatch of orders. Reconciling income from website and invoices to orders spreadsheet and QuickBooks. Following up queries and liaising with other staff
- Assistance with day-to-day IT matters arising
- Assistance with some HR and organisational matters, such as preparing employee contracts, recruitment administration, annual leave, onboarding, staff records on our online HR system, and Health & Safety administration
- Assistance with administration of Board meetings including arranging meetings, photocopying Board packs etc.
- Providing administrative support to the Chief Executive and other team members, including, for example, administering workshop bookings, arranging printing or copying of training materials, taking and arranging deliveries and preparing packs for workshops. Taking responsibility for other relevant pieces of work as appropriate
- Responsible for timely production of various operational and management information
- Responsible for ensuring the administrative needs of the office are supported, including:
- Gate-keeping telephone calls and emails, and handling them appropriately
- Meeting and greeting visitors, arranging refreshments
- Monitoring and ordering stationery, office equipment and other office facilities, such as water and printer ink, to ensure there are always adequate provisions and equipment is working
- Booking travel and meetings
- Keeping the office and kitchen tidy and clean during the day
- Participating in the corporate life of The Money Charity.
- A degree qualification
- Excellent financial, organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with numbers, including confidence with spreadsheets
- Ability to work with MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to manage their own workload effectively and work under pressure
- Able to be self-motivated and take initiative to deliver tasks
- A flexible approach to work - able to respond to additional requirements as needed
- Ability to work with a team
- A willingness to learn and develop in the role.
- Book-keeping experience, preferably with QuickBooks Online
- Payroll experience, ideally using Iris Payroll
- Experience of office work
- An interest in the charity sector and financial capability.
Applications will close when the required number of high quality applications have been received. It is expected that interviews will take place in November and early December.
£20,000- £23,000 p.a. + benefits depending on experience. Additional benefits include 10% non-contributory pension, 36 days holiday (including public holidays and 3 days between Christmas and New Year when the office closes). Part-time considered (min.30 hours/week), with pro-rata salary and holidays. Flexible working and flexible annual leave scheme available.
To apply for the role, please email a CV and covering letter (no more than 1 page A4 ) explaining how you are suitable for this role (this should include how you meet the essential & desirable requirements and why you want the role) via the application method below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Due to the high number of expected applicants we will not be able to contact those who we do not shortlist.
Apply for Finance & Administration Officer, 30 - 37.5 hours per week (Part Time or Full Time)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly