Primary Packaging Buyer, Open to flexibility
Primary Packaging Buyer, Open to flexibility
Following recent changes to the GSK Procurement Department we have a newly created opportunity for a Primary Packaging Buyer. In this role you will manage some of GSK's important supplier relationships at a senior level across Pharma, Consumer and Vaccines.
You will be accountable for identification and delivery of business benefits aligned to cost reduction, cash improvement, assurance of supply, quality, service and innovation. This includes managing a spend of £50m - £120m globally.
It is a fantastic opportunity to challenge yourself working in a vibrant team in a strategic role requiring you to display your commercial and financial aptitude.
Your key duties will include
Strategy creation & execution:
- Lead the development, management and implementation of comprehensive strategies in alignment with GSK and Procurement to deliver agreed savings targets and other benefits that significantly impact GSK financial results.
- Develop supply strategies that also deliver key business requirements across assurance of supply, quality, regulatory, service and innovation.
- Drive the category agenda on relevant supply chain /franchise forums
- Continuous improvement of process & performance within the category and related supply base
- Be the global expert in the spend categories within scope of responsibility
- Deliver global and regional savings benefits identified in strategies through effective strategy execution.
- Drive initiatives to improve GSK's cash flow position such as (but not limited to) lead time improvements and inventory reduction as appropriate.
- Implement initiatives and programs to improve quality of bought-in goods and services
- Protect GSK revenue streams by managing supply security through robust risk management process.
- Ensure regulatory compliance.
- Ensure supplier manages effectively all identified enterprise risks, in particular GSK safety, health and environmental requirements.
- Responsible for major (2nd 3rd touch) supply base issue resolution e.g. recalls, sudden cessation of supply.
- Responsible for resolving major legal disputes e.g. compensation claim.
- Develop robust & innovative procurement tools such as should cost model & optimised supply replenishment model to identify and deliver incremental savings
- Knowledge of sustainable solutions on the market and opportunity to transform the category into recyclable materials
Business partnering & stakeholder management in GSK:
- To strategically engage with and understand the business requirements of stakeholders and business partners and to position the Procurement value proposition, on local, regional and global levels.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders; agree RACIs and business requirements.
- Develop good understanding of Oral health business area
External supplier relationships:
- Build strategic relationships with key suppliers at a senior level and lead processes to ensure value is driven from these relationships. Ensure global and regional considerations are accounted for in supplier relationships. Leverage the Business Review Meeting process to drive the relationship.
- Negotiate, create, execute and manage effective global and regional contracts with suppliers (where required) that will allow GSK to maximize opportunity globally. Ensure regional considerations are taken into account in global supplier negotiations and contracts.
- Lead global and regional strategy and supply base reviews.
- Responsible for supply of a global category
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing date for applications: Monday 19th November
For internal GSK applicants please indicate in your application if you are at risk of redundancy.
- University Degree, ideally within Business, Procurement, Supply Chain or related subject
- Experience of category procurement in the procurement of direct materials
- Proven negotiation and contract management skills
- Ability to manage senior stakeholders
- Ability to think strategic to build relationship (with stakeholders and suppliers) and to create sourcing plans
- Masters Degree, ideally within Business, Procurement, Supply Chain or related subject
- Demonstrated business acumen & knowledge of the Primary Packaging space
- Good understanding of financial principles and reporting
- Track record of delivery and proven ability to drive change
- Direct and indirect people management and ability to influence without authority
- Able to deal with ambiguity and deal with a constantly evolving business context
- Experience in leading high level negotiations for long term and/or multi-countries high value contracts
- Good problem-solving skills to address issues/blockage, beware of risks, support implementation and robustly forecast spend and savings
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires
Who are Global Procurement at GSK?
We are a centralised and integrated organisation, delivering value to GSK through partnership with stakeholders and our supply base. Our team is comprised of 700+ colleagues in over 65 countries. Collectively we manage over £11B in spend across a substantial breadth of spend categories. We do this through an approach centred around Global Category Management and through embedded presence and engagement with our stakeholders in local country teams and manufacturing sites.
What role does Procurement play in delivering the GSK strategy?
Procurement at GSK continues to develop into an important strategic business partner with a high expectation to help create value for GSK not only through delivering savings to the business but from working with great suppliers who help deliver high quality goods and services to GSK impacting both our bottom line and top line growth.
What's the future for Global Procurement?
We will be an integrated organisation with value added business partnering relationships, deep category expertise in the right places, and effective supplier relationship management practices. We are focused on streamlining business processes, efficiently managing a strong pipeline of value-adding projects, and delivering maximum value for GSK.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.