Global Product Owner - Market Execution Technologies, Open to flexibility
Global Product Owner - Market Execution Technologies, Open to flexibility
Are you an experienced Global Product Owner with a desire to use your expertise to shape ways of working? Are you eager to join a growing team of passionate individuals focused on accelerating digital commerce growth for our brands and markets?
We are expanding our team to develop a key capability that is critical to our success and have a great opportunity for a Global Product Owner - Market Execution Technologies (MET) to join our Consumer Healthcare Global Digital Commerce Marketing team in London!
In this newly created role reporting to the Global Digital Commerce Marketing Director, you will be dedicated to supporting all categories, lead markets and agencies to understand the competitive tactics required to improve our brands Findability and Conversion on retailer platforms to drive revenue growth. The environment is hyper competitive and with changing algorithms we need to continually invest in upskilling our teams and key technology platforms to identify and leverage insights to fuel digital commerce growth.
You will own and drive the success of critical digital shelf technology, enablement and insight platforms. In addition, you will lead and manage the development and service lines of the platforms by co-ordinating across multiple markets and external partners. We will look to your expertise to build on existing ideas and develop new ones with creativity, technical, business and commercial know how to ensure our global Digital Commerce platforms continue to provide insights and value to our market teams. Finally, you will be challenged to drive user growth, engagement, process change and ultimately measure the products success and value-add to the organisation.
- Overseeing the Products overall success globally in support of the organisations digital shelf and commercial operations strategy.
- Defining and owning the global roadmap for product enhancements and developments. Leverage internal and external resources to set a strategy that is market and user focused that drives revenue growth for our brands.
- Partner with our external partners to successfully implement technology platforms & change programmes.
- Driving strategic reviews and alignment of the product against internal GSK requirements and frameworks. Clearly articulate the business value to the wider team so that they understand the positioning and intent behind a new product or product release.
- Building deep product & platform expertise, understanding complex dashboards, metrics, functionality, insights and data to establish yourself as the global lead / champion for all GKS users and customers.
- Facilitating the internal cross functional-training, insights & activation workshops. Quickly and diligently create relationships with an audience to understand their needs / issues and then be very flexible in approach for extracting product insights and enabling a meaningful dialogue.
- Assimilate a wide range of inputs to prioritise developments and define product features to deliver product solutions that meet business requirements and expectations, increase user growth, engagement & ROI.
- Build excellent partnerships with our platform and services partners. Seek to operate as a "one team" with our customers at the centre of all activities and incentives.
- Helping to define and report against KPIs on the product, operating model and processes with senior stakeholders, market teams, peers and the Product Management Team.
- Understanding industry trends and opportunities in this space and translating those into opportunities for GSK Consumer Healthcare.
- Collaborating with other Digital Commerce and Operations Product Owners to identify and deliver joint value opportunities for our customers that supports our overall Commerce strategy and Digital ambition.
We are passionate about what we do and have created an environment where everyone feels valued, is able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve. We want people who share our values and believe in our mission. Our investment in training, development and learning opportunities will empower you to be the best you can be, and we'll make sure you have a stimulating and wide-ranging role that will enable you develop your expertise as you create value for us.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE - 22nd November 2018
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
- Bachelor's degree in any related subject (Marketing, Business, Economics etc) or other relevant specialisation
- Significant experience of eCommerce &/or Digital Marketing
- Proven track record of driving a digital agenda in an organisation with transformational results.
- Ability to build relationships and manage performance of key partners.
- Comfort with ambiguity, and building capabilities/organisations with very little definition.
- Excellent commercial and business acumen
- Able to work in a matrix organisation driving collaboration across functions and stakeholders
- History of working with sales, marketing teams and large customers to drive growth initiatives
- Able to inspire, motivate and lead project teams to achieve outstanding results
- Demonstrative positive energy to effectively represent internally and externally and drive project management of assets.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in healthcare/consumer healthcare industry or with an understanding of regulatory environment in which we operate, would be advantageous.
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a mission: we want to help people to do more, feel better, live longer. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 89 manufacturing sites and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Belgium and China.
GSK Consumer Healthcare combines our strong pharmaceutical capabilities in regulatory, medical, drug manufacturing, and healthcare professional access - doctors, dentists, pharmacists - with best in class fast moving consumer goods capabilities - consumer insight, speed to market, brand focus and the ability to effectively partner with retailers. We call this combination of pharmaceutical and fast moving consumer goods capabilities 'Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare', and believe we are uniquely placed to become the first and best Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare Company driven by science and values.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.