Global Product Owner - Product Experience Management, Open to flexibility
Global Product Owner - Product Experience Management, Open to flexibility
Are you an experienced Global Product Owner with a desire to use your expertise to shape ways of working? Are you eager to join a growing team of passionate individuals focused on accelerating digital commerce growth for our brands and markets?
We are expanding our team to develop key capability that is critical to our success and have a great opportunity for a Global Product Owner - Product Experience Management (PxM) to join our Consumer Healthcare Global Digital Commerce Marketing team in London!
In this newly created role reporting to the Global Digital Commerce Marketing Director, you will be responsible for driving the strategic roadmap, expansion and utilization of GSK Consumer Healthcare's Product Experience Management (PxM) solution.
Our global PxM strategy is targeted at delivering and enabling world class platforms, processes, operating models and ways of working related to product content. The principle focus of this strategy is to support accelerated digital commerce sales growth by enabling our teams to leverage product content more effectively that increases our executional agility and drives competitive advantage for our brands in digital channels. You will be primarily responsible for deploying this strategy, leveraging the technology choices we have made as well as ensuring that we have a best in class roadmap that equips our business for the future.
- Overseeing the Products overall global success in support of the organisations Digital Commerce and PxM strategy.
- Ensuring that projects related to PxM are relentlessly focused on delivering business value for our customers, driving near and medium-term growth for our brands; including identifying expansion opportunities and managing the product in steady state.
- Overall global governance of the solution to support local instances with their operating models, workflows, permissions and ways of working, maximising opportunities for content expedited content optimisation.
- Understanding industry trends and opportunities in this space and translating those into opportunities and active projects for GSK Consumer Healthcare.
- Collaborating with other Digital Commerce and Operations Product Owners to identify and deliver joint value opportunities for our customers that supports our overall Commerce strategy and Digital ambition.
- Accountable for managing business budgets and expenditure related to PxM, project managers, development and vendor resources where required.
- Ability to work with local market and area teams to map and understand the full end-to-end processes, landscapes, work and data flows that support successful activation and utilisation in new markets.
- Build excellent partnerships with our platform and services partners. Seek to operate as a "one team" with our customers at the centre of all activities and incentives.
- Helping to define and report against KPIs on the product, operating model and processes with senior stakeholders, market teams, peers and the Product Management Team.
- Representing our global PxM solution to our governance boards and steering committees, including prioritising initiatives & features in partnership with the Product Manager in support of the strategic direction of PxM.
We are passionate about what we do and have created an environment where everyone feels valued, is able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve. We want people who share our values and believe in our mission. Our investment in training, development and learning opportunities will empower you to be the best you can be, and we'll make sure you have a stimulating and wide-ranging role that will enable you develop your expertise as you create value for us.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE - 22nd November 2018
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
- Bachelor's degree in any related subject (Marketing, Business, Economics etc) or other relevant specialisation
- Significant experience of eCommerce &/or Digital Marketing
- Experience of working with technology/IT teams to deliver solutions would be advantageous
- Proven track record of driving a digital agenda in an organisation with transformational results.
- Ability to build relationships and manage performance of key partners.
- Comfort with ambiguity, and building capabilities/organisations with very little definition.
- Excellent commercial and business acumen
- Able to work in a matrix organisation driving collaboration across functions and stakeholders
- History of working with sales, marketing teams and large customers to drive growth initiatives
- Able to inspire, motivate and lead project teams to achieve outstanding content results
- Demonstrative positive energy to effectively represent internally and externally and drive project management of assets.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in healthcare/consumer healthcare industry or with an understanding of regulatory environment in which we operate, would be advantageous.
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a mission: we want to help people to do more, feel better, live longer. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 89 manufacturing sites and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Belgium and China.
GSK Consumer Healthcare combines our strong pharmaceutical capabilities in regulatory, medical, drug manufacturing, and healthcare professional access - doctors, dentists, pharmacists - with best in class fast moving consumer goods capabilities - consumer insight, speed to market, brand focus and the ability to effectively partner with retailers. We call this combination of pharmaceutical and fast moving consumer goods capabilities 'Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare', and believe we are uniquely placed to become the first and best Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare Company driven by science and values.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.