Value Optimisation Director, Open to flexibility
- Contract Type
Value Optimisation Director, Open to flexibility
With the change from GMS Tech to Pharma Supply Chain Tech there has been a strategic decision to move from traditional governance and reporting focussed PMO organisations to those focused on Strategy realisation, Portfolio strategic alignment, value, flow and quality optimisation. A new position is required to design and drive this Agile VFQ Portfolio Management Transformation, and to run the resultant Agile Portfolio Management capability.
This role is accountable for the design and implementation of an Agile VFQ portfolio management framework within the Supply Chain Tech organisation.
The role will develop and maintain the central VFQ portfolio management framework and standards for use at departmental level and within Value Delivery and Product teams.
Your role will be to design and develop the framework for Portfolio Management in Supply Chain Tech and lead the change as we move from a PMO to Agile Portfolio Management organisation. This includes leading the transition from a heavily controlled model to an outcomes-oriented agile governance set of systems and processes with clear lines of accountabilities and empowerment.
You will be working with senior Business and Tech stakeholders and strategic suppliers across the organisation to implement new models for demand pipeline generation, prioritisation, strategic portfolio segmentation, visualisation and portfolio delivery oversight. Ensure alignment of our product portfolios with strategy, and enable strategy execution and value realisation. Drive portfolio flow optimisation and ensure learning from retrospectives to drive continuous improvement.
Key responsibilities include
- Design and lead the Agile portfolio management governance and operating model transformation, and successfully transform and embed across Supply Chain Tech product teams
- Lead network or 'guild' of Supply Chain Tech Value Delivery Directors and teams in strategically-aligned Agile portfolio management. Active member of the x-GSK Tech Portfolio Management Guild to influence and drive strategy around how Portfolio Management as a Product is developed and implemented across GSK.
- Oversee design and implementation of demand (including innovation ideas) prioritisation and governance for Supply Chain Tech to ensure appropriate decision making governance is in place, principles of value definition and prioritisation are followed and that senior business stakeholders are committed to value commitments and realisation.
- Design the approach to Quarterly Portfolio Prioritisation, Release and Value Optimisation Planning (Big Room Planning) for Supply Chain working x-Tech on business strategy alignment, deliverables, dependencies, risks and capacity
- Ensure effective portfolio segmentation in alignment with strategy, and create portfolio visualisations to enable flow optimisation and strategic decision making to enable optimisation of value returns from SC Tech investments.
- Deploy portfolio, project and product management disciplines to ensure product delivery teams deploy the appropriate levels of oversight e.g. standards and policy adherence, training, compliance and financial governance.
- Ensure governance framework, VFQ process and capability alignment with strategic partners
- Run, continuously improve and mature the portfolio Value Optimisation capability following successful completion of portfolio management VFQ transformation.
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
Interested in Joining the Team?
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
- Degree in computer science or related field is desirable although relevant experience is equally valuable.
- Agile VFQ Methodology
- Value Delivery and Strategic Alignment
- Project / Programme Management
- Portfolio Management
- Any industry recognised qualification in Agile Portfolio Management, Agile Development, DevOps.
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.