Senior International Tax Advisor - Open to flexible working
We’ve got an exciting opportunity to join our international tax services team, who recognised as being leaders in international tax advisory and cross border M&A. You will be working with some of the largest corporation in the world advising them on their international tax planning and M&A deals. Working within our International Tax Service (ITS) Practice focusing on the Core offering (Product & Services and Telecoms, media & Technology).
You will be working with some of the sector leading Partners who are well known and respected in the market. You’ll also be working with a high performing team who have advised on many high profile and market leading transactions over the past few years.
It is a great time to join the ITS team who have expanded exponentially in recent years and are continuing to grow. With a number of disrupting factors in the market at the moment you’ll be at the forefront of helping our clients to navigate the market challenges on an international scale.
The combination of experience and innovation in our team makes it not only one of the most exciting places to work in tax, but also a place where you can learn and develop into a skilled and renowned international tax adviser, working with leading UK / overseas MNCs, lawyers and banks on complex and challenging projects.
Our international tax professionals will work on a variety of projects which are focused on helping clients to develop and execute their international tax strategy, including:
- Expansion into new markets
- Pre-transaction reorganisations and post-transaction integration
- Legal structure rationalisation
- Operating model redesign
- Optimisation of capital structure and financing
- Optimisation of intellectual property ownership and reliefs
- Managing the risk arising from global law change such as BEPS, and
- Lobbying and negotiation with tax authorities in UK and globally
Your key responsibilities:
- You’ll manage the successful delivery of international tax services engagements, taking a professional, practical and commercial approach and ensuring technical excellence.
- Build and maintain relationships with our clients and provide high levels of client service.
- Spot opportunities and involve colleagues to help us continuously develop our commercial proposition to our clients.
- Assist in winning work by proactively managing existing clients and contribute to winning new clients and engagements.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Ability to build strong client relationships and committed to delivery of exceptional client service
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- Strong and motivated team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out effective reviews and know when to refer upwards
- Team player with ability to build effective relationships at all levels
- Effective time management - ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Project management skills to plan and prioritise work, as well as meet deadlines
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Background in corporate tax with some demonstrable advisory experience
- You’ll have one of the following qualifications: ATT / ACA / CA / CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA)
- Strong technical skills and keen to develop further
What we look for:
You’ll proactively maintain your technical knowledge by keeping abreast of global developments in UK and international tax concepts and issues so that you can better advise our clients. In return we’ll provide investment in specialist training and offer you opportunities on projects and assignments that will develop and challenge you so that you’re in the best place to develop you tax career.
As an International Tax Manager with EY you’ll be working on an exclusively advisory portfolio from day one with access to an unmatched client base including smaller inbound clients through to the world’s largest multinationals
Whatever the projects and assignments you work on you can be confident that you’re contributing towards helping our clients to develop and execute their international tax strategy ensuring technical excellence and providing the highest levels of client service.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible by clicking the apply button below
Join us in building a better working world.