MSL Manager, Open to flexibility
MSL Manager - UK Field Based - Respiratory, Open to flexibility
At GSK We discover, make and market healthcare products; and we aim to bring them to as many people as possible, with our 3 global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people.
We are now looking for a MSL Manager to join the UK Medical Affairs team, to manage and lead several respiratory MSLs across the country.
The MSL Manager is a first line leader with accountability for leadership, management and oversight of MSLs within their assigned therapeutic area and region.
The MSL Manager will lead field medical team implementation of the national and regional respiratory medical plans. They provide support to the Director of Field Medical Affairs for the development of programs and processes that enhance the capacity and capability of the MSL. This includes selection, training, development, best practices and communications support.
Drive Performance to Excellence: Drive the Development of High Performing MSLs. Includes hiring, recruiting, ongoing performance and talent assessment and development.
Responsible for implementing the Medical Affairs Plan of specified Therapy Team strategies, driving a consistent approach to carrying out scientific engagement activities in the field; ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations and GSK policy.
Has an understanding of the relevant therapy areas, GSK pipeline assets and of the changing healthcare environment in which GlaxoSmithKline UK operates.
Lead, manage and coach the Field Medical Affairs team to help deliver the GSK mission and to ensure achievement of business objectives. This will include:
- Setting team business objectives and priorities that drive performance. This will be done in consultation with Director of Field Medical Affairs and Therapy Medical Directors.
- Providing 1:1 coaching and field-based assessments for team members.
- Conduct regular review and appraisal of performance.
- Providing support for the personal and professional development of team members (GMC revalidation and training for Pharmaceutical Medicine Speciality, etc.) as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain robust matrix partnerships to ensure strategic alignment, identify local needs and challenges and gather feedback on field medical team performance.
- Creating an environment and culture conducive to ethical and successful implementation of all agreed business objectives.
- Instil a culture of clear communications that support information gathering from customers for inclusion in therapy area plans.
- Support Clinical Research activities; ensuring Field Medical Affairs team members are trained to the appropriate level required to support feasibility and clinical trial recruitment conversations at sites.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Application closing date: Wednesday 21st November
- Life science or science-based degree or equivalent.
- A good understanding of the UK healthcare environment, including knowledge of health technology assessments and market access challenges in the UK
- In depth understanding of Pharmaceutical ethics and governance; and a clear understanding of GSK compliance policies and procedures
- Broad Pharmaceutical Industry experience or equivalent.
- Previous experience of people management preferred
- Proactive, self-motivated, self-reliant. With effective organisational, goal orientated planning and prioritisation skills.
- Effective communication skills.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Advanced Degree in science/human biology
- Ability to work within large and complex matrix teams
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.