Business Analyst, Open to flexibility
2 days left
- Contract Type
Business Analyst, Open to flexibility
GSK R&D TECH is a global, multidisciplinary organisation of IT professionals, who work at the intersection of technology, science and data to provide an IT ecosystem essential to delivering breakthrough medicines for patients. Our goal is to transform the IT experience to accelerate scientific innovation, performance and trust.
A Business Analyst in CGT TECH is responsible for analysing the business domain, understanding their requirements and design technology solutions to enable them to achieve their business objectives. A successful candidate will be an embedded member partnering with both business and TECH teams to implement and operationalise necessary capabilities and provide support across CGT sites in Upper Providence, PA and Stevenage, UK.
- Contribute to the strategic and tactical planning and execution of business objectives, bringing the perspective of technology and data science
- Engage with cross functional teams to contribute to strategic technology investment decisions
- Contribute to the designing, building and managing products and develop road maps to drive business outcomes
- Develop scripts and data visualisation solutions to support business analytics
- Partner with IT architecture and other IT functional areas to drive the creation and use of enterprise assets to provide value
- Ensure that business experimental and analytical workflows are enabled, working to establish meaningful metrics for outcomes
- Identify and explore opportunities to use computational and data science capabilities
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all IT initiatives for the business
- Regularly interacts with senior R&D staff and management up to Director Level in both R&D and TECH
- Assists with the management of process change or TECH development for organisations of up to 1500 with revenue budgets of £150-200K
- Conducts scoping and analysis for transnational projects that will impact several hundred scientists or research managers, with project budgets between £250K & £500K.
- Assists with analysis and requirements definitions for projects with budgets between £500K & £5M
- Works with scientific data and systems to optimise use of data across R&D
- Partners with R&D TECH Support & Delivery organisations
- Life Science / Informatics Degree.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of Business Analysis. Ability to model business processes, data and systems highly desirable
- Experience using methodologies and tools to improve R&D processes and practices. Experience in Agile ways of working desirable.
- Experience facilitating business change, identifying and analysing R&D requirements for new TECH systems, and identifying creative solutions that maximise impact while minimising time and cost.
- Ability to engage and work independently with senior R&D stakeholders.
- Understanding of drug discovery & development workflows and technologies that enable them. Experience in cell and gene therapies strongly preferred
- Hands-on Bioinformatics/Informatics and data analytics experience.
Please ensure you apply before 20th Nov 2018 to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.