Company Secretarial Assistant - open to flexibility
5 days left
- Contract Type
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
Our purpose, celebrating life, every day, everywhere means that our brands are part of celebrations big and small. We believe that living our purpose in full is to make the most of life - to be the best you can be at work, at home, with friends, in the community, and for the community.
The Company Secretarial Assistant will be expected to play a full role in the work of the Department - undertaking specified tasks identified in the Department’s schedule of responsibilities and work calendar, as well as ad hoc projects furthering the postholder’s company secretarial experience.
Annual objectives and a development plan are agreed with the Deputy Secretary and performance is measured through the medium of quarterly reviews.
The key accountabilities of this role are:
Enabling Achievement of Diageo’s Performance Ambition
- Working closely with and supporting the Senior Assistant Company Secretary in preparing and ensuring proper administration and filing for Diageo’s UK incorporated entities.
- Ensuring all UK signing requests are dealt with professionally and in a timely manner.
Leadership and People Growth
- Deputising for the Senior Assistant Company Secretary, when necessary and when dealing with delegated work.
- With assistance from the Senior Assistant Company Secretary, owning their own capability and skills development, looking for opportunities for their own growth.
- Assisting the Senior Assistant Company Secretary to ensure compliance by Diageo’s UK incorporated entities with UK company and securities law.
Being responsible for ensuring up to date filing and records of Diageo’s UK incorporated entities, setting up and managing subsidiary board meetings when required, dealing with requests for corporate, M&A or financing project approvals, and liaising with other internal stakeholders and external advisers.
- A degree is essential, possibly in a related discipline
- Associate of Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators is essential
- Demonstrably articulate and literate.
- Highly PC literate, in particular Blueprint, Word and Excel.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- At least two years experience of working in a company secretarial department (preferably PLC)
- Preferably some experience of supervising junior staff (or ability to do so)
Please click on the apply button to make your application