Finance Manager – Various flexible working options available
The Timewise Foundation is the UK’s leading change agent for flexible working and flexible hiring.
We are looking for an experienced Finance Manager for up to four days per week, and are open to a number of flexible working options.
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will have responsibility for the day to day financial control and management of the organisation. You will be a qualified (ACA/CIMA) ‘hands on’ finance professional, with experience of delivering process improvement.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- To have responsibility for the day to day financial management and control of the organisation
- To produce timely and accurate management reporting
- To support the Finance Director in improving processes and systems to maximise reporting efficiency, including financial modelling.
Control and manage all finance processes including:
- Production of monthly management accounts to include monitoring of financial performance against budgets and forecasts, monthly cashflow and balance sheet reporting,consolidated in to a consistent monthly reporting pack
- Engage with budget holders on regular income pipeline reporting and ensuring revenue recognition in line with project delivery and contractual timelines
- Oversee day to day financial matters including monthly payroll, pension reporting, payment authorisations, VAT returns and debtor control
- Support the Finance Director with the annual budget process through budget modelling and liaison with budget holders
- Produce KPI reporting which supports the growth strategy of the business
- Produce investor reporting to meet requirements, including quarterly RPA reporting
- Prepare the year end audit file and liaise with the external auditors
- Ensure all financial practices are in line with relevant statutory regulations and legislation, evidencing suitable controls
- Day to day control of the financial systems, policies and procedures, ensuring they are robust, compliant and support current business needs and future growth.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA)
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate effectively with finance and non-finance people including presentations to the management team
- Experience with financial modelling and an analytical approach and enquiring mind to assess, identify and implement solutions to improve processes and systems
- A self-starter, able to prioritise and manage multiple demands and deadlines
- Ability to manage the day to day activities whilst looking to longer term objectives such as system or process improvements.
- Knowledge of financing and requirements within a not-for-profit organisation
- Detailed working knowledge of Xero.
- The role holder will work closely with the Finance Director, as well as engaging, as needed, with the Managing Director and CEO. There will be a need to form effective working relationships with all budget holders.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- The role is expected to be c.4 days per week, ideally with a bit of flexibility around days to fit in with business demands, and we are open to discussing various flexible working options
- The salary will be circa £35-40k FTE, dependent on skills and experience
- You will be based at our office in central London.
Please apply via the button below with your CV and a covering message.
We look forward to hearing from you.