Consulting, Education, flexible working, Reading
Our client is a specialist membership consultancy within the education sector. They would like to recruit a Principal Consultant able to deliver work that is implementable and has sustainable benefit and impact. They are interested in people from a range of different backgrounds including commercial consultancy, or the finance or IT sectors. They would also consider candidates who have been a consultant in the academic sector.
The Principal Consultant will work on a range of projects in small teams with colleagues and clients to build and improve strategies, capabilities, systems, and processes that are needed to deliver efficiencies and ensure sustainability. There will be the opportunity to deliver projects with minimal supervision, handle complex analyses, develop practical recommendations and present back to clients; identifying implementation challenges.
Our client operates an agile workforce, working across the UK and is open to flexible working arrangements.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
- Delivering assignments that have implementable outputs and beneficial outcomes
- Managing assignments and facilitating good team working
- Identifying the evolving needs of customers and helping develop and align consultancy services to meet those needs
- Establishing and sustaining excellent relationships with customers and higher education sector bodies
- Strengthening and optimising business development and consultancy opportunities
- Presenting advice and analysis to customers , other clients and the internal team
- Encouraging collaborative working: the exchange of good practice between customers; the facilitation of good practice workshops and comparative studies
- Producing guidance and position papers for customers
- Helping with practice development and informing strategy
The role is a commercial role working with a broad range of clients in the academic sector and candidates must have a commercial approach. Candidates will be degree qualified with a postgraduate professional qualification or second degree in a business-related area ideally. Proven consultancy experience is preferred as is working in partnership with clients. He/she must have credibility and be able to build strong working relationships quickly and add value. Experience in key management methodologies and techniques and significant experience in change management is required as is the ability to problem solve and create solutions effectively. He/she will work in small teams to achieve results
- Flexibility – 4-5 days a week (some UK travel to meetings) but lots of flexibility
- Location – Home based (must be able to get to Reading for meetings)
- Salary – Up to £70K FTE