Senior International Tax Manager, Energy - Open to flexible working
We’ve got an exciting opportunity to join our international tax services team, who are recognised as being leaders in international tax advisory and cross border M&A. You will be working with some of the largest corporations in the world advising them on their international tax planning and M&A deals.
Working within our International Tax Service (ITS) Practice focusing on clients in the Energy Sector – from established oil and gas companies to private equity backed new entrants investing in emerging technologies. You will be working with some of the sector leading Partners who are well known and respected in the market. You’ll also be working with a high performing team who have advised on many high profile and market leading transactions over the past few years.
It is a great time to join the ITS team who have expanded exponentially in recent years and are continuing to grow. With a number of disrupting factors in the market at the moment you’ll be at the forefront of helping our clients to navigate the market challenges on an international scale.
The combination of experience and innovation in our team makes it not only one of the most exciting places to work in tax, but also a place where you can learn and develop into a skilled and renowned international tax adviser, working with leading UK / overseas MNCs, lawyers and banks on complex and challenging projects.
Our international tax professionals will work on a variety of projects which are focused on helping clients to develop and execute their international tax strategy, including:
- Expansion into new markets
- Pre-transaction reorganisations and post-transaction integration
- M&A diligence and tax structuring
- Legal structure rationalisation
- Operating model redesign
- Optimisation of capital structure and financing
- Advice on the tax aspects of some of the firms most complex audits
- Managing the risk arising from global law change such as BEPS, and
- Lobbying and negotiation with tax authorities in UK and globally
Your key responsibilities:
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, winning work proactively and contributing to winning new clients
- Management of the successful delivery of technically complex and demanding consulting projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical / business driven approach taken
- Overall responsibility of quality of client service
- Manage possible leads from other areas of the practice
- Build networks and relationships internally and externally for the team to leverage from
- Develop junior staff through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring
- Significant involvement in the management of the team both in terms of strategy and operations and also through managing junior staff development and assignments
Skills and attributes for success:
- Client driven and commercially aware
- Strong international and UK tax technical skills
- Strong client relationship management skills with ability to develop quality outputs to clients
- Negotiation skills, able to sustain opinion and handle challenges
- Business development skills, able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work
- Strong business acumen with ability to manage engagement financial results
- Effective time management, ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- Enthusiastic team player with ability to create, sustain and lead effective teams
- Ensure delivery of quality work and take day to day leadership of delivery team
- Change orientated and innovative with flexible approach to ways of working and adoption of new technologies
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Experienced tax practitioner with reviewing skills and expertise in international tax
- Any of the following: ATT / ACA / CA / CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA, e.g. law qualification)
- Proven track record of Managing a team andmentoring and developing more junior team members
What we look for
You’ll proactively maintain your technical knowledge by keeping abreast of global developments in UK and international tax concepts and issues so that you can better advise our clients. In return we’ll provide investment in specialist training and offer you opportunities on projects and assignments that will develop and challenge you so that you’re in the best place to develop you tax career.
As an International Tax Senior Manager with EY you’ll be working on an exclusively advisory portfolio from day one with access to an unmatched client base including smaller inbound clients through to the world’s largest multinationals, on transactions, advisory and audit of tax projects
Whatever the projects and assignments you work on you can be confident that you’re contributing towards helping our clients to develop and execute their international tax strategy ensuring technical excellence and providing the highest levels of client service.
What working at EY offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible by clicking the apply button below.
Join us in building a better working world.