VAT Executive (flexible working considered)
VAT Executive (flexible working considered)VAT Executive (flexible working considered)
Job Description Summary:
An executive seeks solutions to technical issues and demonstrates sufficient technical knowledge to advise on technical work and should know when to seek advice from the manager.
Come and think independently with an organisation that’s doing the same. We’re determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It’s why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It’s invigorating. It’s inspiring. It’s creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let’s make change happen. The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
The work we do with our clients is hugely important. They rely on us to make sure they understand the complex and ever-changing tax system. Join us and you’ll help manage clients' global indirect tax risks, providing innovative tax solutions and advice to your clients. You’ll help them to understand their indirect tax position and better manage their tax risk. And in turn you’ll help them achieve their business goals, enable them to grow sustainably and in turn help to shape a vibrant economy.
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
What you’ll be doing:
An Executive seeks solutions to technical issues and demonstrates sufficient technical knowledge on VAT to advise on technical work and should know when to seek advice from the manager.
- Builds good rapport with the client, with a clear understanding of client expectations and achieving high levels of client service.
- Provides general support to clients in the provision of VAT tax advice.
- Provides general support to clients in the provision of tax advice.
- Prepares VAT tax returns and computations in conjunction with agreed timescales; ensures the efficient and risk managed delivery of compliance.
- Supports managers on tax planning and other ad hoc projects.
- Can produce a well-supported piece of technical research.
- Assists with the production of tax reports and reviewing documents.
- Acts as a point of contact on specific projects for any queries from the business.
- Has an awareness of the firm's risk management procedure and adheres to this.
- Mitigates risks by involvement of senior people and ensures appropriate advice is sought.
- Takes steps to minimise professional risk, including the appropriate documentation of services provided.
- Demonstrates sufficient technical knowledge to undertake relevant area of work.
- Seeks solutions to technical issues and demonstrates a willingness to understand and recognise the breadth of possible technical issues.
- Is an approachable and respected member of the team who takes a proactive interest in the team's performance and wellbeing.
- Inputs to all performance reviews on assignments for junior team members, and also completes self-job and performance reviews including biannual reviews on a timely basis.
- Monitors own time incurred and undertakes analysis as directed.
- Manages work in progress to ensure recoverability targets can be met.
- Monitors invoices raised and cash collected in a timely manner to ensure aged debtors do not escalate.
- Meets own financial targets set.
Who we're looking for:
ACCA qualified or equivalent with the desire to follow further learning in this area of expertise. Minimum of 3 years within a specific VAT team
Passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential, you’ll be someone who wants to make a difference and shape your career and a Vibrant Economy. You’ll have strong technical skills and experience of providing clients with quality services.
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to progress your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and beyond. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.