Restructuring Executive, full time and flexible working considered
1 day left
- Contract Type
This position plays a central role in the South Restructuring department within Grant Thornton UK LLP. As an executive, you will primarily work with case managers and also have exposure to the case partners. You will be working on insolvency cases as well as wider advisory work, for example drafting independent business reviews.
The South Restructuring department is a well-established team that operates out of Cardiff, Bristol, Reading and Southampton on a range of assignments.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working as part of a team, taking on responsibility for certain tasks, supporting other team members and keeping them appraised of your progress
- Drafting and preparing elements of reports with little supervision
- Contributing to initial meetings with directors and understand the potential avenues available for the distressed company
- Understanding and adhering to office and departmental procedures and risk management requirements e.g. money laundering, risk management manual, client take-on procedures and able to draft letters of engagement for IBRs
- Identifying key issues in statutory cases and advisory work, and determining solutions
- Ensuring that cases and assignments are progressed expediently and efficiently
- Using excellent Excel skills to assess financial models and analyse financial information
- Start to build internal and external networks
Who we're looking for:
- You’ll be qualified in an accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
- You’ll ideally have experience of statutory insolvencies and/or advisory work of independent business reviews
- You’ll have a proven track record of building and maintaining excellent relationships with key stakeholders
- You’ll have experience working in a professional services environment
Passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential, you’ll be someone who wants to make a difference and shape your career and a Vibrant Economy. You’ll have strong technical skills and experience of providing clients with quality services.
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to progress your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and beyond. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.
Please click for further details and to make an application