Quality and Support Team Manager - Flexible Working Considered
Come and think independently with an organisation that’s doing the same. We’re determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It’s why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It’s invigorating. It’s inspiring. It’s creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let’s make change happen. The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
The Quality and Support Team (QST) was established with the remit to assist the improvement of audit quality. QST undertake reviews throughout the audit process on live audit files (typically during the planning, fieldwork and completion stages), providing clarity over the audit methodology and challenge to teams over the approach taken. This dynamic role will provide an opportunity to liaise with a large group of specialists both within and outside the firm. The key aim of the role is to enhance the level of audit quality (working mainly with audits within the Audit Quality Review Teams (AQRT) remit).
Job Description: What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll keep up to date with findings from internal and external reviews
- You’ll ensure that updates on methodology and standards are communicated to the wider team, as required
- You’ll identify relevant external discussion groups and seek to influence professional debates.
- You’ll play an active role in the NAS team and contributes to positive morale.
- You’ll lead the writing of any relevant reports on the subject matter area.
- You’ll lead the writing of any relevant fact sheets, or other technical circulars, on the subject matter.
- You’ll be prepared to present or support presenters on subject matter at both internal and external events, where relevant.
- You’ll liaises with sector embedded technical experts where relevant.
- You’ll undertake live reviews of category 1 & 2 audit engagements, providing a challenging and supportive role to engagement teams.
- You’ll support the development of high quality training material based on findings of reviews
Who we're looking for:
- You’ll have financial reporting knowledge and knowledge of auditing standards
- You’ll have communication and influencing skills
- You’ll have project management experience
- You’ll have a proven ability and desire to develop self and others
Passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential, you’ll be someone who wants to make a difference and shape your career and a Vibrant Economy. You’ll have strong technical skills and experience of providing clients with quality services.
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to progress your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and beyond. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.
Please click the apply button below for further details and to make your application