Change Delivery - Resource Manager (T2), Internal IT Services, Open to flexibility
1 day left
- Contract Type
Change Delivery - Resource Manager (T2), Internal IT Services, Internal Client Services, Open to flexibility
Have you ever wanted to work in a busy international team which plays a proactive role in the implementation and promotion of project management methods and standards? A team which strives to improve the consistency and efficiency of the project delivery function, and drive continuous improvements? A team which delivers a high quality service to a large number of project and programme managers? One that trains them, supports them and advises them throughout the project delivery process? If so, this PMO could be the one for you!
Resource management is a key process within Internal IT Services (ITS) and has a considerable effect on the productivity and efficiency of the department. It has a direct impact on our ability to schedule the portfolio, forecast resource costs and understand the impact of resource utilisation on the department’s P&L.
ITS is an internal facing department, delivering a wide range of business enabling technology projects to Deloitte partners and staff located in the UK and Switzerland.
The purpose of the Project Delivery function is to transform a business request into a fully supported technical reality accepted by the operational teams and the business requestor as being fit for purpose. This is to be achieved to an agreed quality, budget and timescale. A further objective is to provide strong change and technology leadership across the enterprise. In achieving this they need to be regarded not only as consistent but as efficient, dynamic and responsive. The PMO Resource Management Lead has a key part to play in ensuring that the delivery teams have appropriately skilled available resource to meet the business demand pipeline.
The Portfolio Management Office is a bridge between the Delivery teams and the other ITS functions. As a result the Resource Management lead is required to liaise effectively with senior personnel within the department as well as with the project management community. For example:
- Portfolio Office Manager
- Project and Programme Managers
- Director of Change Delivery
- Function and team leads
- ICS Procurement team
- ICS Finance team
Reporting via the PMO Manager and the Head of Business Change Delivery to the Director for Business Change the Resource Management Lead is responsible for the following key activities:
- Maintenance of the ITS organisation structure within EPM
- Cost Centre Administration – joiners and leavers administration
- Contractor on/off boarding – proactively monitoring renewal dates
- Resource schedule validation across all ITS project delivery teams
- Highlighting resource capacity peaks to team leads and Project Managers across ITS
- Production of regular resource utilisation reports
- Rate card administration
- Availability reporting
- Creation and maintenance of Skills database
- Supporting project delivery, functional and team leads with their resource scheduling queries, by advising on techniques, processes and best practice
- Qualitative reviews of project plans to ensure optimum resource utilisation
- Assess impact of project change requests and exception reports on forecast resource allocations
- Consulted in relation to resource scheduling for the approved project pipeline arising from the demand review process.
- Preparation of key resource related inputs to Portfolio Management Board
- Reporting and MI related to the resource management process
- Deputise for the PMO Reporting and MI Lead in the event of their absence
- SME input to the Director of Business Change, Head of Business Change Delivery and members of the leadership team where resource management is concerned
- Ad hoc general support to the PMO where time permits
- Ability to work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
The project delivery team has presence in a number of our regional offices as well as London. Your role will be located in our smart modern office in Milton Keynes although occasional domestic and international travel may be required.
This is a full-time role based on a 37.5 hour working week.
Your professional experience
Essential competencies and/or experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a Resource Management function
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written
- Strong relationship management skills, with an ability to build good relationships with junior and senior staff
- Advanced level use of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS PowerPoint & SharePoint
- Ability to be proactive and work alone, as well as part of a larger team
- Good eye for detail
- Very well organised and be able to respond to changing priorities
- Excellent attention to detail, fast accurate work
- Excellent administration skills
- Resource management in a matrix organisation
- Skilful, articulate and a strong but diplomatic negotiator
- Ability to navigate large organisations
- Analytical and flexible with the ability to rapidly understand unfamiliar and complex concepts.
- The ability to synthesise and visualise complex data
- General knowledge of HR processes desirable
The ideal candidate would also have:
- Experience of using an enterprise project management tool such as ServiceNow and EPM
- Experience of agile project management
- Experience working with team members in offshore and onshore locations
Your service line
Internal Client Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal client services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. We impact every area of our business, every day. From solving IT issues quickly and efficiently, to ensuring our people get the best possible training, to guiding colleagues on their tax and pensions. From our centralised hubs in Milton Keynes and Cardiff, we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Requisition code: 154142