Part Time Accountant (up to Full Time considered)
Our client is a small but growing accountancy practice based just north of Bedford. They pride themselves on building positive relationships with their clients and offer a friendly approach to the work they do.
They are focused on working with their clients in the cloud and are always looking for additional ways to improve the working client relationship. Their main software providers are Quickbooks, Xero and Receiptbank, and as this enabled them to be incredibly efficient in their bookkeeping, they like to take that next step and provide their clients with valuable financial data in real time.
Our clients are seeking an enthusiastic and hard-working qualified accountant with practice experience to join their growing team and help support and grow their friendly and loyal client base.
Key responsibilities would include
- Management of client portfolio
- Limited company and sole trader account preparation and filling.
- Management accounts
- Managing the assistant accountant
- Overseeing VAT preparation and returns
- Overseeing Payroll
- Occasional bookkeeping
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) with practice experience.
- Experience of Corporation and Personal Tax computation as well as practice experience in payroll, CIS, and VAT.
- Working knowledge of cloud-based accountancy platforms such as Quickbooks and Xero.
This is a fast-paced environment and you will be the lead contact for many clients across a range of verticals. You will need to be organised, flexible and approachable with excellent communication skills.
The role is 15 hours per week, but could be up to full time if you wish. The position can include a mix of office based, client site or working from home. The working hours are flexible (around school hours) and can be mutually agreed before an offer of employment being made.