Robotics Specialist, Open to flexibility
Robotics Specialist, Open to flexibility
In this role you will join GSK's Bulk Process Automation Team, a unit focused on Pharmaceutical supply chain automation systems. You will be accountable for the definition, development, assessment, and delivery of complex and robotic technologies. By developing and deploying these innovative robotic solutions the expectation is to increase the overall efficiency and decrease risk associated with our manufacturing facilities. This role specifically is for a true Subject Matter Expect (SME), with a proven track record of delivery in this area of expertise. Best practice must be embedded throughout the business by developing a robust GSK Robotics strategy.
This is a senior role within the organisation and must therefore be able to communicate confidently with senior level stakeholders globally, understanding the multi-functional business structure of GSK with the intention of balancing their various business goals, drivers and processes of the organisation - often across physical and cultural borders. To do this you will build strong relationships based on influence, negotiation and delivery, and have the strength to drive consensus on major technical decisions. You will need to be an innovator, and able to generate brand new solutions to age old problems, with a flexible approach to system design which supports the future-proofing of automation at GSK.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as the technical authority who sets strategy, standards, training, process improvements and more for manufacturing automation systems across the business
- Assessing robotics solutions to ensure best practices, whilst working with external partners to align GSK with the most innovative technology available
- Educating GSK engineers, technicians, production teams and more, to ensure that technical resources are best utilised to enhance manufacturing capabilities and optimisation
- Working with key manufacturing stakeholders to define and implement robotics design, installation and commissioning, and to identify future opportunities in automation
- Challenging and progressively developing GSK's overall engineering practices in relation to robotics, including developing standard solutions where possible
- Designing robotic systems such as automatic vehicle control, autonomous vehicles, LGV's, collaborative robotics, and deploy in parenteral manufacturing, filling and packing, QC labs and continuous manufacturing.
To succeed in this role you will be a genuine technical authority in automation technologies. You will be able to leverage an existing, deep understanding of technology to demonstrate credibility with critical stakeholders and therefore be able to deliver high level engineering projects. You will be highly conversant in manufacturing automation technologies with the strength of character to back up this character and a personal interest in leadership, strategic thinking and opportunities to innovate within a leading global organisation
CLOSING DATE for applications: Sunday 16th December
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
- Degree (BSc/BEng/MSc/Meng etc.) level qualification in a relevant field, ideally science, engineering, robotics, mechatronics, computing or similar
- Specialist training in robotics including knowledge of a diverse range of manufacturing automation systems, collaborative robot applications and relevant robotics safety standards
- Proven history delivering step change innovative robotic solutions
- Proven effective cross-functional communicator, influencer and project manager
- Specific knowledge of control and robotics systems from a wide range of vendors (PLC, DCS, SCADA)
- Specialist knowledge of robotic safety such as
- ISO-13849 Functional Machine Safety.
- IEC-62061 Functional Safety.
- ISO 10218 1 Safety of Robots
- ISO 10218 2 Safety of Robot Integration
- ISO-15066 Robots and Robotic Devices
- ISO-9409 Manipulating Industrial Robots
- ISA 88 Batch Control
- ISA 95 Enterprise and Control System Integration
- General Communications and Networks
- Large scale programme management experience will be an advantage
- Hands on programming skills with SLAM, ROS or similar
GSK is a science-led, global healthcare company that produces innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to overcoming some of the biggest challenges in global health; delivering products of value in a responsible, sustainable way; and providing access to medicine for the world's poorest communities.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.