Senior Manager, Media and Employee Communications – Private Banking (Open to Flexible Working)
Location: Canary Wharf or Mayfair
Salary: up to £75k plus bonus and bens
Flexibility: Job share (please apply with your job share partner) / flexible hours / open to a conversation about 4 days / some home working.
We have a great role for someone with 7-10 years’ experience in media relations and Financial Services. You will work with senior executives and have strong relations with Tier 1 media outlets as well as High Net Worth consumer titles. You will have the opportunity to really make a difference within a large multi-national organisation, advising senior leaders in the UK and moving the narrative to more digital media.
This is a full-time role but they are open to all types of flexible working, including job sharing if you want to apply in a pair.
You’ll be front and centre for media relations and employee communications for a UK Private Bank. You’ll work very closely with the CEO of the Private Bank in the UK and the UK leadership team to provide direction, advice and guidance on employee communications.
You’ll help enhance and protect the company’s reputation and raise its profile with internal and external audiences with compelling content that supports the business strategy.
There is a local and global team working together with you too – so there is plenty of opportunity to collaborate with other Communications professionals, all working to create exciting and interesting content that is relevant to clients.
The ins & outs of the role
- Implement a cohesive and compelling employee communications and media relations strategy in the UK, complimenting the global plan, with the aim of attracting clients from the target customer segments, and reinforcing their position with existing customers
- Provide employee communications strategic planning, guidance and advice. Deliver global employee campaigns locally working with Head of Content, Global Head of Employee Communications, and the UK Communications team. Use insight to develop and advise on employee communications and inform business debate, decision making and strategy
- Lead proactive and reactive media engagement for the business in the UK, including writing press releases, leading media roundtables & interviews. Build and maintain strong relationships with key media and trade press journalists. Support business growth by raising the business profile in UK media, increasing exposure and ensuring consistent messaging in line with strategy and purpose
- Actively safeguard the reputation and be prepared to escalate risks as they arise
- Anticipate and identify issues that may have an impact on the brand
- Guide and steer the UK senior leadership team on media relations and employee comms
- Generate op-ed and thought leadership positioning pieces
- Work with other GPB media handlers to ensure global content lands in a coordinated way; reporting progress/achievements.
Who are we looking for?
If you have the following
- 8-10 years’ experience of Asset Management or Financial Services media relations
- Strong storytelling skills with proven ability to produce clear, engaging narrative
- Excellent people management, interpersonal, strategic planning, influencing, negotiation, project management skills
- Strong presentation skills with understanding of board level requirements
- Credibility with senior executives
- Broad, expert knowledge of communication trends and best practice
- Broad knowledge of the financial services industry and global market place
- Role model management skills and behaviours
- Proven ability to develop and manage budgets
- Proven ability to deal with ambiguity and pressurised situations
- Proven crisis management skills.
For further information please contact email@example.com
If you wish to apply for the role, please do so via the apply button below with your CV and a covering message.
We look forward to hearing from you.