Product Manager - eMail, Open to flexibility
Product Manager - eMail, Open to flexibility
Reporting to the Head of Product the Product Manager will oversee the product management for one of our digital products (Website, Mobile, CRM, e-mail platform) The product manager will lead the development of the product roadmap and will collaboratively drive development and launch of new features and enhancements which will improve the customer experience and drive commercial value.
The Product Manager is the person responsible for what is delivered on their specific Product, they will coordinate and prioritise the backlog of new feature requests and will be supported by a cross functional team consisting of business and tech who'll work in sprints to deliver these new features to our customers.
The Product Manager will be ruthlessly focussed on delivery and will be an expert in agile ways of working, able to understand customer insights and translate these into very clear user stories which can be picked up by the developers, quickly understood, built and launched.
Successful product teams aren't only focused on delivering but on delivering the right features and products. The Product Manager is responsible for ensuring we utilise the available resources (developers, designers, etc) to deliver the maximum value to our customers and against our business goals with every digital product they release.
This is a very new way of working for GSK therefore the Product Manager must work effectively through ambiguity and will need to keep those around them focused on the big picture and on the needs of the customer.
The Product Manager should be an expert in:
- Prioritising requests for new features from all area of GSK. Able to identify where there is maximum value (both commercial and customer experience) and able to translate these requests into the tech team who'll build and deploy these new features to our customers.
- Agile ways of working. Be familiar with scrum, and have worked in this way previously. Leading cross functional teams to drive product enhancement.
- Stakeholder management. GSK is a huge organisation and our products are used in 100+ markets, the Product manager needs to be able to manage and effectively prioritise requests from all markets and always ensure we're delivering the most valuable new features, whilst also keeping all the markets updated and aware of all change.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
Interested in Joining the Team?
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
- Solid experience as a product manager. (specifically consumer facing experience where necessary) in a digital department or organisation.
- Demonstrable product management experience across desktop and mobile products.
- Excellent collaboration skills with an ability to gain the respect of your design, engineering counterparts and stakeholders across GSK.
- Solid experience working in truly agile environments - releasing new product increments regularly, testing and reiterating.
- A record of success in bringing new products to market of a similar scale and complexity.
- A data and user driven approach to product management - with a good portfolio of product releases/case studies of your own to prove it.
- Considerable experience with defining and running AB tests in a consumer product. (where role being advertised is user facing)
- Plenty of creativity - you will have lots of new ideas and be hungry to test them and to see the results.
- A strong communicator and good listener, able to present ideas coherently leading to achieving a consensus, even where stakeholders are from a diverse range of business areas.
- A global mindset is essential to work at GSK, but in this role some expert knowledge on how digital products need to vary across markets while supporting the need for us to remain a scalable business is also a big plus.
- MBA / Masters
WHO ARE WE?
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.