Transaction Tax Senior Advisor - Open to flexible working
Transaction Tax works with clients of all sizes in all industries, working closely with the incredibly strong network of Transaction Tax teams around the world. In this dynamic and fast-moving environment, individuals apply their skills to a variety of transactions. With a truly entrepreneurial spirit there is the flexibility to shape your career in particular sectors or areas of the M&A landscape or to get experience across the spectrum.
The Core Transaction Tax team deals with the world’s largest corporate and private equity clients as well as specifically focusing on the areas of the M&A market that are developing the quickest. Our flexibility and speed to market means that we have grown each year throughout the downturn - in order to take advantage of the current opportunities in the market we need to continue to recruit the best talent.
In this team you will get wide-ranging experience in all the core areas of transactional work – including corporate deals, private equity, infrastructure and clean-tech, distressed debt and turnaround transactions and restructuring.
As deal advisers, Transaction Tax team members not only get good UK tax technical experience but also get a commercial understanding of what is important to our clients in a deal context. As a large part of TT work is cross-border, you will also have an early introduction to international structuring techniques and overseas tax regimes.
We are currently looking to expand our Transaction Tax team and are keen to speak with experienced Tax Advisors.
Your key responsibilities
You will contribute to the efficient and successful delivery of tax services to the client, building and maintaining tax relationships with clients to provide high levels of client service. You’ll contribute to winning new work by proactively managing existing clients and ensure technical excellence and a practical/business focus approach.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Proven ability to read and interpret existing and new tax statute
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
- Strong technical skills and keen to develop further
- Ability to build strong client relationships
- Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and know when to refer upwards
- Client focused and commercially aware
- Relationship management skills with ability to manage client expectations
- Ability to build effective relationships at all levels
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Experienced corporate tax practitioner with experience of working on large transactions
Ideally you’ll also have:
- ACA/CA/ACCA/CTA; or Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training Course; or Law qualification
- Project management skills, plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.