HR Business Consultant, part time - 21 or 28 hours per week
You will be supporting the Senior HR Business Consultant (Snr HRBC) in partnering the Advisory Service Line across the UK, ensuring the best people solutions delivered to meet the strategic imperatives of the business. You will be providing commercial people-related advice and guidance to leadership and management.
Your key responsibilities:
Working with Snr HRBC to make a meaningful contribution to the development and implementation of service line strategy which extends beyond the People professional discipline
Anticipating issues and needs within the Service Line (SL) and address these effectively
Evaluating requests and initiatives from Global and the SL before deciding an appropriate response. Challenging and influencing the business to ensure the most appropriate course of action
Acting as a coach to the SL HR Advisors in relation to delivery of the people strategy and providing development opportunities to build skills and knowledge
Providing insight on People issues, particularly technical ER knowledge within the SL, such as TUPE, re-organisation, redundancy, acquisition, performance management, leading cases and providing a robust point of view on business decisions and their impact upon people
Ensuring that the SA strategic People imperatives are met within their service lines, e.g., talent management, performance management, leadership development
Ensuring that all necessary People management and development activity required to support the business is delivered in the most professional and effective manner
Building and maintaining influential relationships with business leaders and managers, working closely with them to co-develop solutions to meet their business needs
Establishing effective relationships with members of the technical and enterprise wide L&D team and D&I team to ensure that centrally developed products and initiatives meet the requirements of the business and that SL needs are clearly communicated to those responsible for delivering them
Ensuring the quality of your day to day delivery and identify opportunities for further personal development
- Contributing to cross SL or Firm wide projects to support UK&I people agenda.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Strong Employee Relations experience of complex disciplinary, grievance, TUPE, re-organisation, redundancy and performance management activities
- Current knowledge of Diversity and Inclusiveness practices and thought leadership
- Experience of making a contribution to business decision making, strategic planning discussions and operational planning events
- Proven ability to influence at all levels in the organisation, preferably in a professional services environment
- Resilient, practical and a self-starter; comfortable with working on own and in teams
- Demonstrates ability to coach and advise partners/directors/senior managers
- Possesses leading edge knowledge of contemporary HR practices
- Requires significant experience in an HRBC role within large 1000+ person stakeholder group
- Ability to act as effective counsellor to junior colleagues.
To qualify for the role you must have
- The understanding that this is a part time role
- Strong technical HR experience particularly ER, TUPE, redundancies and performance management
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A professionally qualification. A post graduate qualification in a Business or Human Resource discipline is desirable
- The ability to travel to sites across the UK, this will be occasional travel not extensive
What we look for
Resilience and the gravitas to be able to pick up challenging work and dealing with senior stakeholders.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible by clicking the apply button below.
Join us in building a better working world.